VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:51:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know you suck when you don't even get any drive-by flamers anymore....  (Read 14548 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 07:44:37 EDT »

Whatever happened to YOU TEE?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 07:59:22 EDT »

One of my favorite flamers/trolls was The Country's Best Yogurt (actually TDBY, for That Dawg'll Bite You, an Uga fan).   Circa 2001, he posted that UT was in trouble with agents and that it would be coming out later in the day.  Some news orgs picked up on it, the next thing you knew Phil had a presser to deny everything, and TDBY  just...vanished without a trace. 

LOL!  He was definitely trolling with some made up smack and got caught in a big way.  I guess he was too embarrased to post under that handle any more.  If only ALL the trolls could suffer that fate.   

But yeah, that was when we had players that agents would be interested in enticing.   

This year was about the worst UT draft performance I have ever seen.  We should do better from here out though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:38 EDT »

One of my favorite flamers/trolls was The Country's Best Yogurt (actually TDBY, for That Dawg'll Bite You, an Uga fan).   Circa 2001, he posted that UT was in trouble with agents and that it would be coming out later in the day.  Some news orgs picked up on it, the next thing you knew Phil had a presser to deny everything, and TDBY  just...vanished without a trace. 

LOL!  He was definitely trolling with some made up smack and got caught in a big way.  I guess he was too embarrased to post under that handle any more.  If only ALL the trolls could suffer that fate.   

But yeah, that was when we had players that agents would be interested in enticing.   

This year was about the worst UT draft performance I have ever seen.  We should do better from here out though.

The best was SavannahDawg who actually got me dropped from my advertisers back when I was doing banner ads because the script at the bottom of the page said "This board is powered by WebBBS 2.0 hacked by Wayne Duck". SavannahDawg emailed my advertising service and asked them if they knew they were doing business with a hacker. Now THAT was a troll.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 08:37:23 EDT »

The best was SavannahDawg who actually got me dropped from my advertisers back when I was doing banner ads because the script at the bottom of the page said "This board is powered by WebBBS 2.0 hacked by Wayne Duck". SavannahDawg emailed my advertising service and asked them if they knew they were doing business with a hacker. Now THAT was a troll.

Those were two of our more colorful UGA "friends." I just discovered yesterday that I still have this family photo of some of our other UGA friends:

EDIT: By the way, the upload date on that pic was 10/08/2004. We broke a 4-game losing streak to UGA the next day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:41:37 EDT by Clockwork Orange » Logged

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:22 EDT »

Remember JessN from that old Bammer Sheep cesspool board?  The name escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, JessN wouldn't let them take his picture at their "gatherings" because he didn't want it on the internet.  Guess he was afraid that the law would find him. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:28 EDT »

Remember JessN from that old Bammer Sheep cesspool board?  The name escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, JessN wouldn't let them take his picture at their "gatherings" because he didn't want it on the internet.  Guess he was afraid that the law would find him.

TiderInsider!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:22 EDT »

Which pup wrote this?
vttw...pretty sad really....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...those guys are OK, but, for the most part, they are gonna attack you vehemently if you say anything that goes against the collective Vol grain....truthful or not. As Jack Nicholson said..."they cant handle the truth."
I think most of them at least secretly know that they are close to the end of a pretty good run, and they are trying to hang onto it the best they can. SEC history proves I'm right. Things are cyclical. Right now, I feel about the DAWGS much like I did about the Bravos in 91. Something good's happening in Athens. I bet many UT fans feel like I do about the Braves right now...it'll all come crashing to a halt sooner than later. Hopefully, this is the year it all comes crahsing down for the Vols. When it DOES happes, and it DEFINITELY will (Bama has already won another SEC title) all the BAMA and DAWG fans many Vol fans have pissed off will make life a living hell for them...and they'll deserve it for the most part.
Hey Vol fans visiting, if you dont like what I said...tough...this is the DAWG board and I can say anyhting I want to. If you don't like it...get the hell out. Thats's about the same you dish out over at vttw, eh.
Come back at me with a 10 in '00...hey how about 11 in '01 or 12 in '02...that's really cute stuff!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:17 EDT »

A sample of the maroon in question:
Laying out some rumors...
Posted by JessN on May 08, 2002 at 23:16:12:
Since Rodney is doing it below, let's put out a list of all rumors floated about UT and its players over the last few years. Hopefully, the NCAA will read and react:
* Several UT players, including Manning and Martin, were rumored to have not attended classes while at UT. In fact, in response to UT's low graduation rates, the way it was solved was basically to award degrees outright to players -- some of which had never attended classes since the day they "enrolled."
* This extends to some players currently on the roster, including a couple of starters on defense.
* Blatant academic fraud involving several players who couldn't have gotten into a respectable junior college suddenly finding UT to be Admissions Heaven. Players in THIS YEAR's recruiting class who have no hope of qualifying were being told as recently as last week that grades would be "no problem" if they came to UT. And that's a bankable fact that I plan to make very available to the proper authorities.
* Outright purchase of several players in last year's class; names have been mentioned here already, I'm sure.
* Coaches contacting players well outside of the prescribed contact periods; improper contact between boosters and players -- and yes, that includes a lot of improper contact (no jokes about the "type" of contact, please) in the Memphis area.
* High school coaches in inner-city areas virtually on the UT payroll; cars, gifts and "pensions" going to those coaches who will steer prospects to Knoxville.
* More than just a friendly relationship with conference and NCAA officials.
* Cars and money to a few prospects that would later end up at AU, UGA, OM or other SEC schools. And because of UT's expectation that they could do whatever they pleased and always get away with it, some of these schools got turned in for getting those players even though UT cheated as bad or worse during the process.
* The purchase of more than one member of the professional, working Tennessee media.
Add more if you know them...and then broadcast it. I'm tired of letting a bunch of sanctimonious two-faced cheaters make a mockery of college football and then lay the ball at our feet, with a case that UT interests paid a great deal to bring to fruition. If the SEC is going to hell, so be it. We'll drive the meat wagon.
Jess

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 12:42:07 EDT »

TiderInsider!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
A classic post from the toiletinsider (complete with numerous examples of a great bamer education):
Since the NCAA has spoken I will now tell all

Posted by Red Dog on February 01, 2002 at 21:09:57:

(A) R Johanningmeir was an absolute embarassment to that or any other orginization that holds itself out to be either professional or astute. He is frankly neither. As more than one coach who knows those folks has said: "they are mostly mess ups (the word used wasn't mess) who can't do anything else"
(B) RJ has his mind made up when I talked to him. He had no interest in facts. He kept going on and on and became more rediculous by the moment. I found out later that he had no case, no damning statements by TC or anyone else for that matter. No evidence. No motive. Nothing.
(C) The University of Alabama reps asked all the meaningful questions and frankly expressed to me that the biggest danger was the failure of the NCAA people to grasp or understand anything that they were looking at. The University of Alabama knows full well that in the Travis Carroll case there is absolutely zero NCAA violations or intent to break any NCAA violations.
(D) The NCAA had no interest in questioning any of the management folks who worked the deal for the dealership nor the folks who worked at the finance company attempting to work out the credit arrangements. Nor the salesmen or witnesses to the transaction.
Briefly here is what happened: TC blew the engine in his car. His coach, a customer of our dealership and a good one reccomended that he contact us as he was having difficulty finding financing in Tuscaloosa with its very limited sub prime finance opportunity.
He did just that. He called and made an appointment and stated he wanted a "truck". Used pickups are in short supply and are quite expensive. I called a coach for a reccomendation and was told that he was a kid from the streets but was probably ok to trust on an inexpensive loan. But to beware because he had problems with the head coach. And two important points were made: (1) Don't bury him in a vehicle he can't possibly make the payments on and (2) Don't do anything we would't do in the normal course of business. My involvement was limited to seeing that he got a cheap, dependable vehicle and nothing untoward happened during the process. I went to the dealership and asked the used car manager for a reccomendation for him. He had just traded for an older Cherokee, a stripper with 132k on the odometer, hit in the rear and under the pass side door. An upgraded "fishing car" frankly. But it ran fine, the air worked and the transmission (a problem with older Cherokees) was lazy but shifted fairly well.
TC and a young man from Atlanta who brought him over arrived and I picked a young salesman to work the deal. He brought the vehicle around popped the hood and sent TC and his friend on a test drive which lasted about ten minutes. He got out of the vehicle and came inside and said "I'll take it if your company can work out the financing". He was interviewed by the sales manger who expressed to him that he, a young buyer with limited credit, might have to come up as much as 20% down but the best thing to do was to turn the deal in with zero down and let the finance company set the amount if any since it was an inexpensive car and the financier gets their gross on the carry and as such their was a decent chance that they would carry the entire amount to make a little money. And that is a negotiating ploy between the sales people and the finance companies. The customer has a thousand, you offer $700 and the financier conditions the deal. Will buy with $1200 down and the two settle on a thousand. But the rules are a little different with sub prime. They are interested in ability to pay (payment in c/s range) and knowing where their collateral is. Whatever. My interest at that point was where was Travis going to get the money to pay for this car. He stated that he got a "Pell Grant" and money from someone in JAX (which turned out to be his father in law) who had a good job.
The salesman filled out the buyers order and TC filled out a credit application and was informed by the sales manager that he, the sales manager was delivering the car contingent on credit approval from the third party lender and he should get back in touch with the dealership if he hadn't heard from anyone in five business days. TC got a copy of the conditional buyers order and took off.
This was on or about the first week of July. The finance company and the credit manager took their merry time checking him out and rejected him for reasons they don't share. They do require a phone interview if that means anything. A couple of weeks have gone by and TC is a no show nor has he called. The dealership begins making attempts to reach im to no avail. It becomes apparant after days and weeks of his failure to call or be reached by phone that something is dreadfully wrong and his intentions are not honorable. Skip tracers are given the file and begin to search for him. He is located at the home of his father inlaw and advised that he will be in trouble if he drives the car any more and or gives any trouble giving it back. The choice is made to pick the car up rather than file charges of "theft by conversion" since he was made aware that the delivery was conditional and was for five business days only. The skip tracers arrived at his place of residence in Jacksonville Fl, met he and his wife and children, ignored the vulgarities in front of the children and directed toward the wife and loaded the vehicle sans the original tires and wheels which, according to him he had peddled to someone in an inner city neighborhood and they should break in and go into the basement and "take them back".
BTW Travis, during the course of the "where are you getting your money" interview attempted to "obligate" the University of Alabama for his services by relating to me that he offered a new car by the Florida State university in Tallahassee by phone on the first recruiting contact they made. And that the University of Florida recruited him "straight up" until he committed to Alabama and then they asked him what he received from Alabama. Upon hearing that he was coming to Alabama because of his friends they were disbelieving and offered him a truck.

BTW, the only good poster on that board was ___citytider

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: