VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:51:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots of corners being backed into on this board re: Petrino  (Read 15037 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 01:42:12 EDT »

As for him never being in NCAA trouble, I would add a big fat yet.  The guy has made a career of shizzleting on his friends, his family, his players, and the guys who sign his ample paychecks.  If he's so easily willing to deceive those who are trying to do right by him, do you really believe he thinks twice about following NCAA bylaws?  I'll bet Otha Peters knows where a few of those bodies are buried.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:43:56 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 02:18:27 EDT »

Dooley ain't going anywhere because of David-Ricky. Hence, it is a moot debate. UT hasn't hired many coaches historically, and there is a reason.  Peace, love, and GBO!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 02:27:32 EDT »

That said, I never blame a man for trying to score I just don't get why UT would remotely consider him. Not necessary. Not one bit. He has had "some" success. Hardly a proven, guaranteed, home run. Why would VFLs even be thinking about coaching changes because David-Ricky fizzleed up again... Let's all just hold our dadburned horses.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 03:19:52 EDT »

Chucky in waiting!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 03:57:42 EDT »

If UT were to hire Petrino as the leader and face of its program, given his demonstrated lack of integrity at his two most recent jobs... well, it would speak volumes about UT and its (lack of) leadership.  Can't believe there would be many UT fans that would be willing to trade integrity for wins, but perhaps I overestimate that. 

It would be especially ironic given how Kiffin left your program high and dry - very similiar to how Petrino left the Falcons.  Surely UT leadership has learned from its experience.  I would be amazed if UT hired Petrino.

WTF are you talking about Jedi? Trade integrity for wins? Happens on a daily basis in college football and basketball, especially the SEC. Your Mark Richt likes to pretend he is a saint, but he isn't.

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 03:10:55 EDT »

WTF are you talking about Jedi? Trade integrity for wins? Happens on a daily basis in college football and basketball, especially the SEC. Your Mark Richt likes to pretend he is a saint, but he isn't.

Well Nut, there's a line to be crossed when it comes to selling your soul in the name of winning.  Any program (including UT) that hires Petrino would be crossing that line.  You know it, and I know it.  If you want to argue the point, don't bother, as it would only tell me what I would need to know about your character.

I and most UGA fans are proud to have CMR as our HC.  He's certainly not a saint, but he achieves the right balance between integrity and winning.  He recruits and coaches in an honorable manner, and runs a clean program relative to how many other coaches run their programs. His record of good deeds and selfless actions is well documented by others.  You can try to degrade him by comparing him to Petrino, but the truth is more of a contrast than a comparison.

Look forward to our game in Athens this year, and to observing UT's season, as usual.  Good luck. 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 11:56:42 EDT »

Talk about crossing the line...to make a character judgement about someone based upon their opinion of whether or not Petrino is a viable, potential candidate based upon his subject personal life seems to me to be in poor judgement.

'Nut's character has been demonstrated time and again to be solid.

I personally don't like Petrino and hope he would not be a candidate, but to question someone's character if they disagree with me on it seems ludicrous.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 04:51:29 EDT »

Well Nut, there's a line to be crossed when it comes to selling your soul in the name of winning.  Any program (including UT) that hires Petrino would be crossing that line.  You know it, and I know it.  If you want to argue the point, don't bother, as it would only tell me what I would need to know about your character.

I and most UGA fans are proud to have CMR as our HC.  He's certainly not a saint, but he achieves the right balance between integrity and winning.  He recruits and coaches in an honorable manner, and runs a clean program relative to how many other coaches run their programs. His record of good deeds and selfless actions is well documented by others.  You can try to degrade him by comparing him to Petrino, but the truth is more of a contrast than a comparison.

Look forward to our game in Athens this year, and to observing UT's season, as usual.  Good luck.

Lol. Dumb leap of judgment.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 04:52:20 EDT »

I meant what I said.  I would continue to post here, heck, I'd even continue coming up to the tailgates, just to see everyone.  But I would wait until basketball season to root for the Vols.

Oh I know you meant what you said. That's the point. :)

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 04:53:41 EDT »

Dooley ain't going anywhere because of David-Ricky. Hence, it is a moot debate. UT hasn't hired many coaches historically, and there is a reason.  Peace, love, and GBO!

We're not talking about the Da'Rick situation. We're anticipating a possible causing change at the end of the year. If they don't win at least 8 games, and maybe 9, it's going to happen.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 05:53:12 EDT »

We're not talking about the Da'Rick situation. We're anticipating a possible causing change at the end of the year. If they don't win at least 8 games, and maybe 9, it's going to happen.

I agree. Just being hopeful for now, but hopefully not delusional! ;-) I don't like Petrino. I don't see him as proven beyond a doubt. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: