VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:58:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk criticism of the coaches  (Read 15804 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 06:12:28 EST »

I'm at a loss to understand this thread. If I'm correct, you're upset because certain unnamed posters took to task a certain other unnamed poster or posters because the latter unnamed poster(s) were criticizing the coaches and now the parties of the first part are now themselves criticizing the coaches. Is that it?

If so,....I"m still at a loss to understand this thread.
i think the matter at bar is rather frivolous 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 06:17:58 EST »

note I used no names but if the shoe fits, wear it well ...

I need a new pair of shoes.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 06:18:56 EST »

I have had criticisms of the coaches going back to the Florida game if not earlier. Everyone has the right to criticize. They do not have the right to assume everyone will agree with their criticisms.

I agree with this, and I never asked anyone to agree with me.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 06:19:48 EST »

I'm at a loss to understand this thread. If I'm correct, you're upset because certain unnamed posters took to task a certain other unnamed poster or posters because the latter unnamed poster(s) were criticizing the coaches and now the parties of the first part are now themselves criticizing the coaches. Is that it?

I know the guy. He was treated unfairly. It's not okay to do that.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 06:23:35 EST »

The only thing these players on this team do reliably is suck at football. They need to be taken out back and shot. The lack of talent is one thing, but no effort from these massive ass offensive linemen to get a push against smaller defensive linemen is the most bullshizzle thing I've ever seen. fizzle that.
just because you showed your ass doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a wad trying to portend you are defending the honor of a vague individual when the fact is your self loathing is what got your ass in a crack to start with 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 06:26:05 EST »

just because you showed your ass doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a wad trying to portend you are defending the honor of a vague individual when the fact is your self loathing is what got your ass in a crack to start with 

I like the insults.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 06:38:47 EST »

I like the insults.
well, if you insist on digging yourself deeper into your hole, go for it

BTW that was not an insult.  Unless you call your quoted post an insult to yourself???

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 06:42:07 EST »

generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 06:42:37 EST »

well, if you insist on digging yourself deeper into your hole, go for it

BTW that was not an insult.  Unless you call your quoted post an insult to yourself???

You might be the happiest person I've ever kind of met, as much as one person can meet another on the internet.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 06:43:41 EST »

you got that from the halftime show

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 06:45:39 EST »

you got that from the halftime show

D'oh!   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 06:55:42 EST »

You might be the happiest person I've ever kind of met, as much as one person can meet another on the internet.
well, it counters your self loathing unhappiness
It's the least I can do

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 06:58:19 EST »

You are correct but let me see if I can clear it up for you. I called into question the ability of the OC in particular two weeks ago. I had a fairly harsh critique about him and didn't think he would last. I was severely taken to task for that. I say severely because it isn't like I am a newbie here and don't really make a habit of calling out staff on game day. I even defended kiffin.....for awhile. Regardless the slams came at me and I don't expect others to agree with me about everything but this was a little more than typical disagreement. Another poster personally known to more board members than I gives critiques every game day, sometimes good , sometimes not......nary a word is uttered in opposition. I understand why. People take the comments of people they know more than people they don't. I can live with that, its understandable. (I made that known in a PM to another poster)

What we have today is a pointing out of that fact and it obviously makes people uncomfortable to the point they attacked the person pointing out the inconsistency. That is also typical behavior for people. No one likes to have things pointed out to them, me included.

To take some of the guess work out of who is who and why they care what was said to whom the party in question is my oldest son, which explains his interest in the topic. He thought I was treated unfairly and said so. I know better than to expect fairness from people, even though I try to impart it on everyone else as best I can. So this thread can go on and on, or be locked or whatever but this same person who is "self loathing" whatever kind of slander that is supposed to be, spent from Nov 05 to Nov 2010 in the Army with 2 tours of duty in Iraq. He won't like me mentioning that as he did not like his time in service, but he did it and did it to the best of his ability.

I made the point I wanted in another thread. As far as this thread goes, I don't really care about what is discussed, or how, but the insults need to stop.  

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 07:03:58 EST »

You are correct but let me see if I can clear it up for you. I called into question the ability of the OC in particular two weeks ago. I had a fairly harsh critique about him and didn't think he would last. I was severely taken to task for that. I say severely because it isn't like I am a newbie here and don't really make a habit of calling out staff on game day. I even defended kiffin.....for awhile. Regardless the slams came at me and I don't expect others to agree with me about everything but this was a little more than typical disagreement. Another poster personally known to more board members than I gives critiques every game day, sometimes good , sometimes not......nary a word is uttered in opposition. I understand why. People take the comments of people they know more than people they don't. I can live with that, its understandable. (I made that known in a PM to another poster)

What we have today is a pointing out of that fact and it obviously makes people uncomfortable to the point they attacked the person pointing out the inconsistency. That is also typical behavior for people. No one likes to have things pointed out to them, me included.

To take some of the guess work out of who is who and why they care what was said to whom the party in question is my oldest son, which explains his interest in the topic. He thought I was treated unfairly and said so. I know better than to expect fairness from people, even though I try to impart it on everyone else as best I can. So this thread can go on and on, or be locked or whatever but this same person who is "self loathing" whatever kind of slander that is supposed to be, spent from Nov 05 to Nov 2010 in the Army with 2 tours of duty in Iraq. He won't like me mentioning that as he did not like his time in service, but he did it and did it to the best of his ability.

I made the point I wanted in another thread. As far as this thread goes, I don't really care about what is discussed, or how, but the insults need to stop.  

no apologies

I knew generic was kin to someone but couldn't remember who.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 07:07:00 EST »

no apologies

We should hang out socially.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 07:25:11 EST »

no apologies

Color me not surprised. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 02:08:07 EST »

Color me not surprised. 
why should you be?
Your post changed nothing with regards to generic's posts
If he wants to act like a whining five year old I'll call him on it.

His service to the Country is honorable but doesn't have a damn thing to do with his posts last night.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 02:22:38 EST »

Don't really see the 5 yr old part but if we are going to start calling everyone out on everything that is said we don't agree with or like................ then let the games begin. This should be fun even if it is short lived as I don't suspect TRO will be much for the gaming. 
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 02:27:35 EST »

why should you be?
Your post changed nothing with regards to generic's posts
If he wants to act like a whining five year old I'll call him on it.

His service to the Country is honorable but doesn't have a damn thing to do with his posts last night.

Hey, if you want to see a good example of a whiny poster, check out this guy over on the political forum called PirateVol. Guy can't go five minutes without complaining about the President.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 04:07:30 EST »

People have the right to express their opinions here. People have the right to disagree with those opinions. There should be no insults or name calling. I am surprised, although not greatly, that is necessary to repeat that.

This thread has now run its course. It is now locked.

Let's start over and try again. Be nice. Or at least fairly civil.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: