VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 03:57:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TN = Nike school in 2015  (Read 14800 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 03:42:24 EST »

Now if I have to have the swoosh on all my UT gear I might get upset, but I don't think that will be the case.  Surely some gear will not have the Nike swoosh.

LOL- you haven't been in a sporting goods store lately, have you?  If it's made by nike it has the swoosh, and in a prominent location.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 03:50:39 EST »

LOL- you haven't been in a sporting goods store lately, have you?  If it's made by nike it has the swoosh, and in a prominent location.

You misunderstood my point.  I know Nike shizzle has the swoop all over it.  I'm saying that just because UT signed with Nike I doubt Nike will be on all UT merchandise, nor will they make all our merchandise.   I seriously doubt UT handed over a contract to Nike to do ALL our merchandise.  Or are you saying they did? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:14 EST »

No.  At least I HOPE not.  Because I won't buy it, and my old old UT stuff is going to look pretty ratty by the time this contract is up.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 04:24:16 EST »

Why?  Do you think Worldwide Wes will start funneling basketball recruits to Tennessee instead of Kentucky?  I don't see that happening.   UNC has been a Nike school for years and I hate it but the bottom line and the only thing that really bothers me is that ugly swoosh on every one of my UNC t-shirts, jackets, hoodies, whatever.

Not my point.  My point was that one of the reasons I am not jumping with joy over being a Nike school is because of the Nike money influence that has been a large part of the cesspool that AAU basketball has become and its influence in recruiting by buying coaches and, yes, players to certain schools. 

As is Comcast, Nike is the devil. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:45 EST »

I think UT went with Nike about 15-20 years ago didnt they?  I still have some old UT stuff with the logo.  Seems like we went from Adidas to Nike to adidas and now back to Nike? 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:16 EST »

I think UT went with Nike about 15-20 years ago didnt they?  I still have some old UT stuff with the logo.  Seems like we went from Adidas to Nike to adidas and now back to Nike? 

First time with Nike we only wore Nike shoes.  The uniforms were made by Sports Belle, a local apparel manufacturer. 

Then when adidas (little a at the beginning by the way - it's the company trademark) got the contract it was for shoes and uniforms and apparel, but Sports Belle still made most of the uniforms, they just put the adidas logo on them.  After the Sports Belle contract expired then adidas began making uniforms and apparel themselves. 

Now back to Nike for pretty much everything. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: