VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 01:31:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich Rod backhands Saban (Beavis) and Butthead  (Read 15570 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:21 EST »

Uh, really?  REALLY?  Because it wasn't too long ago that your sites were blaming Phil Fulmer for everything from hunger in Sudan to global warming.  Pot, kettle, etc.

But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  Butch Jones hasn't made any news since signing day.  He's largely been out of the public eye.  When he gives us something to talk about, we will.  YOUR coach, on the other hand, has spearheaded a potential rule change that could undermine the very integrity of the game.  And yes, I used the word "spearheaded".  Don't even try to tell us he had nothing to do with it.  Because no one outside of tree-poisoning country is buying that line of crap.
He's worried about us posting about Bama on here more than UT while he's on a UT site posting about us and remembering former UT players by name..lol oh the humanity..
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 02:14:08 EST »

Uh, really?  REALLY?  Because it wasn't too long ago that your sites were blaming Phil Fulmer for everything from hunger in Sudan to global warming.  Pot, kettle, etc.

But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  Butch Jones has not made any news since signing day.  He's largely been out of the public eye.  When he gives us something to talk about, we will.  YOUR coach, on the other hand, has spearheaded a potential rule change that could undermine the very integrity of the game.  And yes, I used the word "spearheaded".  Don't even try to tell us he had nothing to do with it.  Because no one outside of tree-poisoning country is buying that line of crap.

With the exception of perhaps one year, when the Vols got the majority, the slamming variety of posts on Tide sites at that were pretty much level between UT and Auburn. Now when the put downs come it's Auburn and then LSU. No he didn't spearhead anything, and Redding said so.

BG
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 02:14:51 EST »

OK, whatever you say.

BG

I'll give that a, too, too - too, too.  
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 02:19:34 EST »

Nice slap!!

And if Saban is SO WORRIED about player injury why does he play way outmanned teams like Chattanooga, Georgia State, Western Carolina, etc....Does he not care about the well being of the players of those small schools?

You forgot to add Tennessee.

BG
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:19 EST »

BDV, don't you know that this Reading guy is the be-all and end-all of college football knowledge, and his personal integrity is above reproach?  That's not a slap, it's just the honest truth - you silly man.    
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:49 EST »

BDV, don't you know that this Reading guy is the be-all and end-all of college football knowledge, and his personal integrity is above reproach?  That's not a slap, it's just the honest truth - you silly man.    

Yeah, he was also the SEC Head of officials the year that bammer went almost an entire season without a holding flag.  So his word really goes a long way with me.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 02:29:44 EST »

BG
Roll Turd!!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 02:31:41 EST »

BG

Careful.  The man largely responsible for landing us in this sad state is working for you guys now.  So, good luck with that.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:24 EST »

Careful.  The man largely responsible for landing us in this sad state is working for you guys now.  So, good luck with that.
Kiffin will have them on probation in a couple of years and he will be on here crying about us laughing at them and not posting enough about CBJ...
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 02:45:19 EST »

Kiffin will have them on probation in a couple of years and he will be on here crying about us laughing at them and not posting enough about CBJ...

I don't like Kiffin either, and still don't. Not who I wanted, but I trust Saban because he's won 4 national titles and the last time I checked, I had yet to win a scrimmage.

BG
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 02:55:57 EST »

I heard somewhere that this one guy doesn't like him, and doesn't like him.  That's not a slam on kiffin, it's just the honest truth.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:18 EST »

I don't like Kiffin either, and still don't. Not who I wanted, but I trust Saban because he's won 4 national titles and the last time I checked, I had yet to win a scrimmage.

BG

Oh my.  This is worse than I thought.  You have "Dear Leader" Syndrome.  Stand back, everyone, I've seen this before.

Now BG, I realize this is a tough situation for you down there in The Worker's Paradise, but we're here to help.  So be honest- you're afraid to question Saban, aren't you?  If you were to say something like, "Hiring that guy who pimps out coeds to football recruits was a huge mistake that Saban will live to regret", what would happen?  Would they ship you and your entire extended family to Camp 47?  Yes, we know it exists.  We've seen that big blurred out area on Google Maps between Opp and Elba.  It's where they sent your Cousin Milt, isn't it?  It's ok, you can let it all out.  You're among friends.  Are you under surveillance right now?  If so, blink twice.

At any rate, please remain calm, because help is on the way.  We have our top man en route to you even as I type this:

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2014, 09:06:55 EST »

Oh my.  This is worse than I thought.  You have "Dear Leader" Syndrome.  Stand back, everyone, I've seen this before.

Now BG, I realize this is a tough situation for you down there in The Worker's Paradise, but we're here to help.  So be honest- you're afraid to question Saban, aren't you?  If you were to say something like, "Hiring that guy who pimps out coeds to football recruits was a huge mistake that Saban will live to regret", what would happen?  Would they ship you and your entire extended family to Camp 47?  Yes, we know it exists.  We've seen that big blurred out area on Google Maps between Opp and Elba.  It's where they sent your Cousin Milt, isn't it?  It's ok, you can let it all out.  You're among friends.  Are you under surveillance right now?  If so, blink twice.

At any rate, please remain calm, because help is on the way.  We have our top man en route to you even as I type this:

I try to stay away from initiating personal slams It's an immature form of posting, and usually reserved for those that lack the ability to make good arguments based on reason and fact. One reason I liked this board is there is not much of the personal stuff here. I will say one is clueless on the facts, or have no idea what an issue may be, but that is an issue related argument, and not a personal shot. Count me out of the personal attacks.

BG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:14:53 EST by BGHarper » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2014, 11:35:46 EST »

You call that a "personal attack"?   

It's called satire.  Google it.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 12:50:14 EST »

You call that a "personal attack"?  

It's called satire.  Google it.

It can be, so OK. What do you want from me? An all out attack on a coach who has produced three national titles just because he hired someone I don't like? I've already said I don't like Kiffin, and wish Saban had gone in another direction. I'm not wringing my hands over it though, because Saban is a proven commodity and has earned trust. Of course he has, and rightfully so. Not who I wanted but hope it turns out well. To my way of thinking, your questioning of me on this is trivial and nothing more.

BG

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:19:56 EST by BGHarper » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 01:08:44 EST »

It can be, so OK. What do you want from me? An all out attack on a coach who has produced three national titles just because he hired someone I don't like? I've already said I don't like Kiffin, and wish Saban had gone in another direction. I'm not ringing my hands over it though, because Saban is a proven commodity and has earned trust. Of course he has, and rightfully so. Not who I wanted but hope it turns out well. To my way of thinking, your questioning of me on this is trivial and nothing more.

BG

It wasn't a comment on you specifically, but on your fanbase as a whole.  For the past four years, you guys were calling Kiffin a liar, a cheater, a pimp, and a criminal (and you weren't exactly wrong, either).  But now that Saban has hired him, he's A-OK.  It just reminds me of how the citizenry of a certain despotic Asian regime views their "Great General".  Sometimes I get the feeling that Saban could shoot up a convent, and half your fanbase would wonder what those nuns did to deserve it.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 01:18:54 EST »

It wasn't a comment on you specifically, but on your fanbase as a whole.  For the past four years, you guys were calling Kiffin a liar, a cheater, a pimp, and a criminal (and you weren't exactly wrong, either).  But now that Saban has hired him, he's A-OK.  It just reminds me of how the citizenry of a certain despotic Asian regime views their "Great General".  Sometimes I get the feeling that Saban could shoot up a convent, and half your fanbase would wonder what those nuns did to deserve it.

Most fans on the boards thought along the same lines as I. I see no problem with that. We didn't like him, but Saban does deserve some trust; he's earned it. While I wish he had hired someone else, I hope it turns out well.

BG
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:22:18 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:28 EDT »

Yeah, he was also the SEC Head of officials the year that bammer went almost an entire season without a holding flag.  So his word really goes a long way with me.

Wow, I didn't know that.  He is a Ga Tech man, but I guess anyone can be bought.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 05:54:35 EDT »

Wow, I didn't know that.  He is a Ga Tech man, but I guess anyone can be bought.   

Rogers was a great "employee" during his tenure as head of the SEC officials. We miss him and his service, and it's a shame we get far more holding calls since Bama grad Steve Shaw took his place as supervisor of the SEC refs.

BG
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: