VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:49:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obviously a rough day here in Chattanooga...  (Read 14386 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 05:17:15 EDT »

You'll have to excuse him.  He was busy preparing for a democrat party fund raiser, just like he was the night Benghazi happened. 

Priorities. 

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/07/guess-what-obamas-doing-this-weekend-instead-of-honoring-4-dead-marines-repulsive-typical/#

I think most of the time, blog posts like this are ridiculous, and even border on stalker-ish.  "America is at war, and he's on vacation!"  Well, yeah.  Many, if not most of us take vacations, even during wartime.  Why should the POTUS be any different?  I generally like to judge a president on his policies, rather than what he does in his down time.

However, in this case, I think it really says a lot about where his priorities lie, especially since he just attended the service in Charleston a couple weeks ago.  But when four of our soldiers are gunned down here at home, our Commander in Chief doesn't even bother to show up?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2015, 05:21:26 EDT »

Make it 5...

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/chattanooga-attack-claims-5th-life-18812.shtml

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 06:03:30 EDT »

I think most of the time, blog posts like this are ridiculous, and even border on stalker-ish.  "America is at war, and he's on vacation!"  Well, yeah.  Many, if not most of us take vacations, even during wartime.  Why should the POTUS be any different?  I generally like to judge a president on his policies, rather than what he does in his down time.

However, in this case, I think it really says a lot about where his priorities lie, especially since he just attended the service in Charleston a couple weeks ago.  But when four of our soldiers are gunned down here at home, our Commander in Chief doesn't even bother to show up?

I don't disagree with you.  But with this President, he does seem to have a selective pattern of whom he chooses to lend his time to.

Just can't get over the fact that within hours of the shootings in Chattanooga he issued a statement honoring Muslims.  Pretty damned insensitive at best. 

Yep, priorities. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 09:31:04 EDT »

Military members die/get killed often. It's what they do.  Is he supposed to attend all of their Memorials? That being said I read somewhere that he would be at each ones funeral. How do they dictate importance? If someone is killed in Iraq, he is just as deserving as these guys, but they rarely get a state visit. Sucks any way you look at it.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 09:53:54 EDT »

Military members die/get killed often. It's what they do.  Is he supposed to attend all of their Memorials? That being said I read somewhere that he would be at each ones funeral. How do they dictate importance? If someone is killed in Iraq, he is just as deserving as these guys, but they rarely get a state visit. Sucks any way you look at it.

And thousands of African-American gangbangers get killed in the hood every year, and the president never attends their services.  So why did he go to Charleston?  The answer is simple: Sometimes, the brutal nature of these things impacts more than just the deceased and their loved ones.  It impacts a community, a region, and the entire country.  And just like Charleston, this is one of those times.  If the president can't see that, then he's even more tone deaf than I thought.

BTW, if you can find the link that says he will attend all their funerals, I'd like to see it.  Because I've been looking for the answer to that question (even before you posted it), and I can't find it anywhere.  I think all but one of them are from out of town, so I imagine that would be pretty logistically difficult.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:57:28 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 10:20:54 EDT »

Two words:

Michael.  Brown. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 05:40:46 EDT »

Back to the point TnPhil, I know that you meant we could have multiple events.  But ... again not to be insensitive...it's five people. How many lone wolves do you think are actually out there?  What if they get 5 people a week?  That's about 2500 a year.  Will that bleed us dry?  

They won't ever come anywhere near that.  I was just in France for two weeks and the day left, literally about 5 hours after my flight took off, a lone nut killed someone at an American company not far from where i was.  There are 60 million people in France.  My odds of dying were about 1 in 60 million!  During my entire stay there, I never even came close to worrying about terrorism.

So my point is this..the panicky 45 year old housewife reaction that I might get killed anytime I go to the grocery store is exactly what they want, and I refuse to kow tow to it.  Maybe they can get through and kill a few dozen Americans in our own country a year, but it won't phase me.  There are about 330 million folks in this country.  I am far more likely to get hit by a bus or even die young of a heart attack (and I have a very healthy heart).

And folks, this is far from an isolated event.  I went to the OU game last year and my OU fan buddy told me there had been a bombing attempt at an OU game that got little publicity.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2005/10/bomb-blast-at-university-of-oklahoma/

And my friend and his two OU buddies were talking about how they were worried about terrorism in Ok and Texas (my friend actually lives in Dallas while the other two attendees are from OK City) and i kind of scoffed.  Well guess what?
This happened within a couple weeks of my visit:

http://nypost.com/2014/09/26/woman-beheaded-by-co-worker-in-oklahoma/

That particular coward killed one defenseless woman and injured another and .... relevant to some of the above, he was killed by a rifle the boss kept in his office.  

Honestly I don't GAS.  I mean, definitely I feel for the families and victims.  What a ridiculous and horrible way to die.  But if little stupid shizzle attacks like this can "bring us to our knees" then our country is a sad shell of what it used to be.

I know some that believe that, but I don't.  

Seriously...we whipped the Nazis and commies. These guys are pikers!  

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:50:05 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: