VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:18:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tennessee beats Georgia  (Read 14100 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:11:31 EDT »

I've got a gut feeling. (Actually I have two gut feelings; I had sausage gravy biscuits for breakfast, which explains the other gut feeling...why do I do that on a Monday morning?)

Tennessee traditionally plays Mark Richt teams tough, regardless of who is coaching the Vols. Richt probably laid the egg he's good for every season in Saturday's game against Bammer, but who says he won't lay another this week? It certainly wouldn't be the first time. And despite the coaches' botches and blunders, Tennessee has had opportunities to win every game they've played this season. Special teams continue to play lights out, Medley's inconsistencies withstanding, and defense has been solid, the Arkansas game excepted. Tennessee's offense was unreasonably bad against a pretty terrible Arkansas defense, and I'd like to see some series worked in for Dormady; Jones did say before the season started that he planned to play him some. It's time to prove that true.

At some point, though, everything has to click. And Georgia has been damned lucky to escape with wins in each of the last three years -- especially the last two. I think Tennessee wins.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:12:32 EDT »

Never mind. It was just announced that the smokey greys are coming out for Saturday's game. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:15:44 EDT »

Like they beat Ok, UF and Arky. What right minded fan is claiming this feat? I hope they do. Right now my attitude is "Show Me".

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:16:32 EDT »

What right minded fan is claiming this feat?

Me.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:20 EDT »

Never mind. It was just announced that the smokey greys are coming out for Saturday's game. 
SG's were a given in my mind

Of their two RBs I'm more concerned with #1.  His quicks are dangerous against our defense.
Before he got hurt against us last year he was ahead of #29.

If Dobbs actually runs the play called we have a shot
(according to Jones this morning the Read Option was called 15-16 times Saturday night)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:31 EDT »

LOL
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 06:27:52 EDT »

Me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:47 EDT »

SG's were a given in my mind

Of their two RBs I'm more concerned with #1.  His quicks are dangerous against our defense.
Before he got hurt against us last year he was ahead of #29.

If Dobbs actually runs the play called we have a shot
(according to Jones this morning the Read Option was called 15-16 times Saturday night)

Believe Jones at your own risk. Do you believe Dobbs changed the play on his own that many times? This is the same Dobbs from two years ago if you ask me.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 06:41:58 EDT »

Believe Jones at your own risk. Do you believe Dobbs changed the play on his own that many times? This is the same Dobbs from two years ago if you ask me.
Do you have a freaking clue????????????????????????????????????????????
The play is called READ OPTION
That by DEFINITION, means Dobbs has an option.  He was NOT, repeat NOT taking that option Saturday night!
That's right, you couldn't even be bothered to watch the game on TV so how the HELL would you know!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 06:50:11 EDT »

Do you have a freaking clue????????????????????????????????????????????
The play is called READ OPTION
That by DEFINITION, means Dobbs has an option.  He was NOT, repeat NOT taking that option Saturday night!
That's right, you couldn't even be bothered to watch the game on TV so how the HELL would you know!

The product on the field dictates if it's watch worthy. I had, in my opinion more important things to do on Saturday. If you didn't, that is fine too.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 06:58:32 EDT »

The product on the field dictates if it's watch worthy. I had, in my opinion more important things to do on Saturday. If you didn't, that is fine too.
That's your opinion.  As a result, your posts aren't watch worthy either.  Either man up or STFU!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 07:06:17 EDT »

That's your opinion.  As a result, your posts aren't watch worthy either.  Either man up or STFU!
FU Pirate. So Jones is safe in your mind? What has he done to keep his job. His coaching has let a lot of top recruits down. Or is that lost in your orange tinted glasses.Like I said, when he out-coaches someone , I will be the first to say good job. When that happens, let me know. What do i have to man up about? I have not been a fan of Jones x's and o's coaching from the get-go. Of course most here just gush about his recruiting. That has gotten him a 2-3 record against five teams he should beat. Why do I need to man up and not him and this team? You speak BS.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 08:01:55 EDT »

You know what? All of us are frustrated right now -- all of us. But if you aren't going to even watch the games, and your only posts are to be critical, why bother?
HawkiVol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:31 EDT »

It's ok to be critical, but be specific, and at least try to throw in some of your solutions to the problems, instead of just spewing the same old monotonous venom over and over and over again.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:40 EDT »

Jones is safe till 2016. They will need to see what happens this season - I wouldn't say some of his assistants are safe.

Now if we smell like a turd in 2016 Jones will be out of excuses and likely will be gone. It is up to him.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 09:09:20 EDT »

I've got a gut feeling. (Actually I have two gut feelings; I had sausage gravy biscuits for breakfast, which explains the other gut feeling...why do I do that on a Monday morning?)

Tennessee traditionally plays Mark Richt teams tough, regardless of who is coaching the Vols. Richt probably laid the egg he's good for every season in Saturday's game against Bammer, but who says he won't lay another this week? It certainly wouldn't be the first time. And despite the coaches' botches and blunders, Tennessee has had opportunities to win every game they've played this season. Special teams continue to play lights out, Medley's inconsistencies withstanding, and defense has been solid, the Arkansas game excepted. Tennessee's offense was unreasonably bad against a pretty terrible Arkansas defense, and I'd like to see some series worked in for Dormady; Jones did say before the season started that he planned to play him some. It's time to prove that true.

At some point, though, everything has to click. And Georgia has been damned lucky to escape with wins in each of the last three years -- especially the last two. I think Tennessee wins.

Yeah said the same thing yesterday to my son and guys at church....I really felt we would probably lose to OU and Fla, I knew we had a decent chance to win but really expected to lose but for some reason I think Ga may come in still licking their wounds and as you said at some point things have to click for us and we're at home!           
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 09:22:39 EDT »

FU Pirate. So Jones is safe in your mind? What has he done to keep his job. His coaching has let a lot of top recruits down. Or is that lost in your orange tinted glasses.Like I said, when he out-coaches someone , I will be the first to say good job. When that happens, let me know. What do i have to man up about? I have not been a fan of Jones x's and o's coaching from the get-go. Of course most here just gush about his recruiting. That has gotten him a 2-3 record against five teams he should beat. Why do I need to man up and not him and this team? You speak BS.
its like voting, either participate or STFU

By your on words all you give a shizzle about is negativity.  Facts are a four (4) letter word to be avoided at all costs.
When you are prepared to discuss the game and the actions, opposed to preconceived opinions don't bother expecting any reasonable response from me. 

Creek, Bandit, 'nut, HTV, Phil (& others) and I all disagree at times but we are all invested in the program to a degree you cannot fathom.  We disagree technically, not just how we "feel"

Many of those and I have sat together at various games and they know that I don't always watch the ball but see how the receivers are running routes, how the secondary is playing, how the lines are blocking or attacking the other team, etc.  it is one thing to know the final score, or see highlights but is another to know how/why those occurred.  For you I understand why you do not want to know because reality might intrude on your preconceived fantasy.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:45 EDT »

its like voting, either participate or STFU

By your on words all you give a shizzle about is negativity.  Facts are a four (4) letter word to be avoided at all costs.
When you are prepared to discuss the game and the actions, opposed to preconceived opinions don't bother expecting any reasonable response from me.  

Creek, Bandit, 'nut, HTV, Phil (& others) and I all disagree at times but we are all invested in the program to a degree you cannot fathom.  We disagree technically, not just how we "feel"

Many of those and I have sat together at various games and they know that I don't always watch the ball but see how the receivers are running routes, how the secondary is playing, how the lines are blocking or attacking the other team, etc.  it is one thing to know the final score, or see highlights but is another to know how/why those occurred.  For you I understand why you do not want to know because reality might intrude on your preconceived fantasy.
I am confident all of what you said is true. But what part of that does not equal subpar coaching? How long is appropriate to wait for Jones to make the right adjustments and personnel changes. I see the same Dobbs of 2013. What do you see? I see this team becoming invisible in the second half. How is my perception different from yours? I see bottom line. I don't care how we got here. Up til now the results on the field are unacceptable. You can color it any way you want. What do you see Jones doing to change this, this year or next?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:43:28 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:02 EDT »

Creek must have been wondering around an abandoned mine, and inhaled some noxious gases.

We can absolutely win, but I don't envision us scoring the requisite number of points.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:00 EDT »

Creek must have been wondering around an abandoned mine, and inhaled some noxious gases.

We can absolutely win, but I don't envision us scoring the requisite number of points.
naw, up where he's from they get their fumes from a mason jar ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 02:14:13 EDT »

Go Vols! Stomp their pups!!!   
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 04:51:49 EDT »

Your obvious lack of basic football knowledge certainly supports your posting style.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 04:59:58 EDT »

I'm with Creek and his original post....and it has nothing to do with the frosted mini wheats I just ate!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:55 EDT »

Good point about Scott County possessing stronger mind-altering substances than mine vapors. I really hope he's right, regardless of inspiration.

Also, I miss Holler's exhortations.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 05:18:51 EDT »

I expect us to lose a close game.  I am not investing any emotion in this game.

I will be extremely happy if I am wrong though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: