VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 10:04:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Final Four for the Lady Vols*  (Read 2372 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:18:12 EDT »

`
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:19:09 EDT »

They went farther than was expected at the first of the year. But it's too bad to come up short when they didn't have to face Baylor.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:37 EDT »

3 Big East teams in the FF.  Remember when the SEC was the toughest league?  WBB is the one sport where this conference has regressed.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:57 EDT »

They still have the same problem they have had for years now......not enough scorers/shooters. They packed the zone in and we could not shoot them out of it. Simmons is basket case emotionally. When she is on she is good, but when she is off she doesn't bring much to the table.

Harrison and Graves are a good place to start but just like the men our guard play leaves much to be desired.

Maybe just maybe someone will beat uconn. 
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:56 EDT »

Once again, Simmons fades in big games. And unfortunately we have to count on Notre Dame to beat UCONN for the 4th time in one season.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:02:17 EDT »

I don't think I have ever seen such poor transitional defense. It was an issue in the first half when UT fell behind, and it was a problem at the end after they came back to make a game of it.

That was a great effort in the 2nd half, to come back from 20 down to just 3 down. Good hustle, crashing the glass, making big shots (especially Spaney). I don't understand the sudden urge to start settling for 3's after cutting it so close.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:34:55 EDT »

I suspect they just gave out. They played hard in the 2nd half and I think they just hit the wall physically and started settling. This group of upperclassmen have never shown much mental toughness or it appears that way to me. Granted I don't watch them as much, but they have been lacking something since Parker left. Maybe it is just lack of talent. 
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 05:51:16 EDT »

This team is young...the only upperclassman are our 2 seniors...williams and spani.  Most of our really good players are Fr and Sorp.  The guard play will be better next year as our true PG was lost for the season 5 games in.

With that said, last night's first half was awful.  When you can't shoot, aren't playing defense, and aren't boxing out, that is a receipe for diaster which is what happened.  They made it a game in the second half...just wish Spani's 3 had fallen to tie the game up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: