VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:14:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Margaret Thatcher has died at 87 years of age..............................  (Read 1681 times)
PanhandleVol
All-American

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:40:08 EDT »

I always admired her greatly. I lived in Europe during much of her term. I can remember the night the wall came down in Berlin; I silently thanked her and Ronnie for having the guts to send the right message. For those of us who fought the cold war (and it was a fight) it validated so much of what so many gave that will never be talked about. She was great lady.
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:38:24 EDT »

Agreed.  We need great leaders like she and Reagan again right now.  If we wait too long it is going to be too late. 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 06:40:39 EDT »

Agreed.  We need great leaders like she and Reagan again right now.  If we wait too long it is going to be too late. 

Amen!   

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:29:17 EDT »

Agreed with that! She and Reagan were two people that shared and acted on what was right but not necessarily popular. After all, everyone at the head of government from both nations were seemingly "skeered" of how the Russian Bear would react to anything. Neither of them cared one bit how they would react, they just dared them to react. We desperately need leaders like them again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: