VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 03:13:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If the Bruce news wasn't enough, there is the news of Iowa's coachs son  (Read 3005 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:02 EDT »

having surgery before the game to remove a thyroid tumor and how the coach will try and be in both places tomorrow. The neutral fans will cheer for Iowa and the refs will already feel a bit sorry for their coach. When it rains it pours. No way we have a chance to win this game unless we play out of minds. (ya know in a good way not like regular)

My gosh how long will it take for this black cloud to finally go away.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:07:54 EDT »

Ehh, maybe it's just me but I fail to see how this is another "black cloud" as it relates to Tennessee.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:33:50 EDT »

Anything that can go against a UT team has for the past several years maybe? The game was gonna be tough enough to win without the other team having a reason to play harder for their coach. If Iowa came in on a down note this will likely inspire them (even more) to play hard.

Maybe our guys will rally around Martin because of the Pearl fiasco as well, but the court of public opinion tonight in the arena will be that UT is incompetent and Iowa's coach and team are trying to overcome a serious hardship just to compete tonight. Everyone will feel sorry for the guy and as I said, the neutral fans and maybe even the refs will be sympathetic toward Iowa. It would be human nature to do so, and the game will hard enough on its own without all this surrounding drama.

Just seems like more of the same we have been dealing with for years now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/iowa-coach-fran-mccaffery-s-son-is-scheduled-to-have-surgery-hours-before-tournament-game-233311914.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:36:02 EDT by Inspector Vol » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 01:38:58 EDT »

If we play like we're capable of, we win.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:51:57 EDT »

eh....don't see it as a factor. You can't be motivated for an NCAA tourney you should go home

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:39:04 EDT »

These things can go either way. It's also a distraction for Iowa.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:05 EDT »

The sky is blue.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:56 EDT »

You guys will beat Iowa like a red headed step mule. At least by 15.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 03:49:09 EDT »

Ehh, maybe it's just me but I fail to see how this is another "black cloud" as it relates to Tennessee.

plus 1

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: