VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 10:41:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My picks for the season - a little early  (Read 6766 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:27:24 EDT »

but what the hell

Sept. 5, 2015 Bowling Green @ Nashville: Bowling Green brings in a decent offense, and a terrible defense. The Vols three-headed running attack of Dobbs/Hurd/Kamara, along with the relentless disruptive defense will be too much: W - Vols 52 - 13

Sept. 12, 2015 Oklahoma @ Knoxville: This is the Home opener, and the Vol fans are ready. They remember last year. Oklahoma brings a good team, including a bruiser RB in Samaje Perine. The Sooners will try to pound away, but this Tennessee defense doesn’t appear to be one that will get run over by anyone. Can Oklahoma slow down the Vols attack? They won’t have an immobile QB to knock around this time. W - Vols 34 - 20

Sept. 19, 2015 Western Carolina @ Knoxville: Vols  go 3-0. This one is no contest. W - 56-3

Sept. 26, 2015 at Florida : FL brings in a new coaching staff, inexperienced QB, inexperienced OL, but the game is in Gainesville where the Vols have not won since 2003. Gators defense will be pretty stout, but you have to wonder how tired they will be trying to keep up with the Vols up tempo offense. I don’t see the Gators scoring many points. Vols will struggle a bit for a half, but win the game. W – 24 - 10 

Oct. 3, 2015 Arkansas  @ Knoxville: Arkansas brings a physical offense with very good running backs, an experienced QB,  experienced OL, and experienced TEs. What they  don’t bring back are good skill WRs, and they lost some key players on defense. Arkansas will make this interesting, but UT will have too much for them, especially at home. W – 33 - 21

Oct. 10, 2015 Georgia @ Knoxville: Pivotal game for the east, and also for recruiting, since the Vols and dawgs are competing for many of the same players. The game being in Knoxville is huge, and the crowd will be ready. Georgia will run the league’s best RB at the Vols. The success of the dawgs hinges on their new QB. Can he handle the pressure the Vols will throw at him? Can the Vols slow down likely Heisman contender Nick Chubb? How will UGA account for Josh Dobbs? Special teams could play a key factor. Vols win a tight one and remain undefeated!  W  38-35   

Oct. 24, 2015 at Alabama : Alabama could have its best defense in years. That is good for them because their offense has some question marks. They can run the ball but how good will the passing game be under Coker? Bama also had some problems adjusting to Josh Dobbs when he came in last year. However, I think UT is a year away from beating Bama.  L  24-28   

Oct. 31, 2015 at Kentucky : UK will have a good offense led by an experienced QB. They will also be terrible on defense. W 45 -17   

Nov. 7, 2015 South Carolina @ Knoxville: Honestly, UT has by passed SCe in the pecking order. SCe will have newcomer Connor Mitch at QB and he has a very talented Pharaoh Cooper to throw to. SCe will not have an answer for the Vols offense, and won’t be able to score much on the Vols Defense. W  31-22

Nov. 14, 2015 North Texas @ Knoxville: Homecoming slaughter. W 58 - 7

Nov. 21, 2015 at Missouri  : This game is at a bad time. Vols go on the road against a Mizzou team that is pretty good, and will be trying to spoil UT. The weather will be cold. Vols come close but fail on the road.  L  27-31

Nov. 28, 2015 Vanderbilt: Vols thump Vandy. Game won’t be close. W  42 – 10

That means I am predicting 10-2 for the season. I think Vols win the East and play AU for the title. How’s that for being homerish

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:42:04 EDT »

I've got us at 9-3 with losses to Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama. UGA and Alabama, at least on paper, are the most talented teams we play. Arkansas comes at the wrong time.

Much hinges on the OU game. If we win that game it's such a big confidence boost that I think there's very little chance we'd follow it up with a loss to UF, and we might ride that momentum to 10 wins. If we lose that game, especially if it's not that close, I could see us losing to a bad UF team on the road and maybe not winning 8 games. I think the mentality of this team could be very different depending on that game, and that's crucial since we're still so young.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:19:34 EDT »

Bulimia just confirmed that Jonathan Williams is out for the season for Arkansas. That makes that game easier.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:50 EDT »

Bulimia just confirmed that Jonathan Williams is out for the season for Arkansas. That makes that game easier.

That makes me want to change my prediction from 8-4 to 9-3.

I have losses penciled in against Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas and Alabama. But at least 3 of those are winnable, and a couple of others will be easy to lose.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:50:34 EDT »

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:55 EDT »

but what the hell

Oct. 10, 2015 Georgia @ Knoxville: Vols win a tight one and remain undefeated!  W  38-35 

WTH?  Oh no, you didn't! 

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:59 EDT »

I will go out on a limb and say that UT will beat Bama by 3 or 4  points in a low scoring defensive game  while wearing my orange colored glasses before the season starts.. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:43:49 EDT »

There are a lot of players that have a sour taste in their mouth about the OK game last year.  Cam Sutton, Josh Smith, Von Pearson, Coleman Thomas (probably the entire OL) to name a few.
This game has a feel like the Cal game to open the season a few years ago.  The team and the fan base are fired up.  In addition the rumours are to checkerboard this game.  While I am not predicting the same blowout as the Cal game I believe we win.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:38 EDT »

There are a lot of players that have a sour taste in their mouth about the OK game last year.  Cam Sutton, Josh Smith, Von Pearson, Coleman Thomas (probably the entire OL) to name a few.
This game has a feel like the Cal game to open the season a few years ago.  The team and the fan base are fired up.  In addition the rumours are to checkerboard this game.  While I am not predicting the same blowout as the Cal game I believe we win.

I'm with you. Hostile crowd, very loud. Oklahoma will have a lot of problems.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 10:20:53 EDT »

Wow!   What is amazing is that your picks are not homer pie in the sky,  but within the logic ballpark.   I wish I could be as enthusiastic,  but I see us splitting Okla,  UGA,  UF,  SC,  ARK,  Mo to go 8-4.  I do think 4-2 is definitely within logic boundries,  so my best case is 9-3.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 01:09:37 EDT »

The OU game may just come down to how much holding their OL is allowed to get away with.  If it's anything like last year, we've already lost.

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 01:14:24 EDT »

The OU game may just come down to how much holding their OL is allowed to get away with.  If it's anything like last year, we've already lost.

With a Big 12 crew in the house, it could be ugly.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 10:32:06 EDT »

I think 3 losses sounds like the most likely scenario with 4 losses a close second.  I'd say the losses come against Arky, SC, and Mizzou.  I have a feeling we sweep the big 3 this year, if you can still call them that.

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 06:51:21 EDT »

Why do you think we will lose SC at home?  They are unsettled at QB, at RB, and their D is still not good and we have beat them the last two years....just wondering....
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 09:20:16 EDT »

Why do you think we will lose SC at home?  They are unsettled at QB, at RB, and their D is still not good and we have beat them the last two years....just wondering....

After some of the recent wins we have practically stolen from them, I just figure they are due.  But we should definitely be a pretty good favorite in that game, fer sure.

Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:05 EDT »

What a freakin' waste of time this thread is. I've been perusing the comment sections of SDS and some of the other fan sites throughout the SEC and we'll be lucky to finish 6-6 this season. We suck and have no talent. BESIDES, HAVE YOU ALL FORGOTTEN WE WERE 7-6 LAST YEAR???

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: