VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:34:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good things about this game besides it being a win  (Read 1735 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:49:11 EDT »

We finally beat Muschamp.  I am hoping he sticks around South Carolina long enough for us to get a winning series against him.  Only need seven more! 

Somewhere below I state that before we can worry about beating Florida and Georgia, we have to beat Mizzou and Junior.  We are halfway there!  And indications are that Mizzou is collapsing and we might be looking at a sweep.  They are tough at home, but I think we can do it.

We have a chance to be 5-3 in SEC.  My preseason prediction was 7-5, but only 3-5 in the SEC.  5-3 in the SEC would be amazing and exceed my expectations.

This one is obvious...a bowl is now in reach, and I have confidence we can make it.

Finally, the team is set up to wipe away the stench of the Mizzou and Vandy games from last year, which continued into the first 3-4 games this year.  That's heading in the right direction!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:17:39 EDT »

I think we take Mizzou as long as we stay healthy and continue to play with the hunger that this team has exhibited the last few weeks. It'll be a tough game, though. One thing to keep in mind: We've only won one road game since Pruitt has been here. Granted, it was a big one (against a ranked Auburn team) but Auburn was imploding at that point.

But speaking of Florida and Georgia, I sure do wish we could back up and play that Florida game again right now.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 03:31:00 EDT »

But speaking of Florida and Georgia, I sure do wish we could back up and play that Florida game again right now.

SAME.

Also, hope Pruitt has a good plan for that WR playing QB at UK... I was sort of not worried about UK earlier in the year, but playing up there at night isn't gonna be an easy win either.  Just hope we can keep this momentum.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 10:05:39 EDT »

I think we take Mizzou as long as we stay healthy and continue to play with the hunger that this team has exhibited the last few weeks. It'll be a tough game, though. One thing to keep in mind: We've only won one road game since Pruitt has been here. Granted, it was a big one (against a ranked Auburn team) but Auburn was imploding at that point.

Volsheimers!  But let's face it, we haven't been good enough in October and November to get it lately, which is sad.  So yeah, I am daagnosed with it as well.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:08 EDT »

All wins are nice. When USCe hit that first long TD pass, I thought oh crap, here we go again. But they overcame it. How did this Carolina team beat UGa? Crazy things happen every season.

volsboyinsodak
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 06:35:38 EDT »

The thing about Missouri is they have both uga and Florida back to back before us so they should be mentally exhausted.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 04:40:34 EDT »

The thing about Missouri is they have both uga and Florida back to back before us so they should be mentally exhausted.

Not only that, but they are ineligible for post season play, and won't have much to play for.  Mizzou is a team we should have a big advantage on in series record, but actually trail them.  Time to start setting that right.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: