VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:34:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So a bammer fan told me today that Saban was born on Halloween  (Read 2895 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:32:47 EDT »

LOL!  Seems very appropriate.  He is Satan after all.  Unfortunatley, we are the ones being terrorized.

He also said that bammers think Saban will be kicked upstairs to AD in 3-5 years when Battle retires, because he is obviously an interim choice.  The thought is that Saban might retire to be AD when he hits 65 or so and he's 61 as of today.

But he could end up being AD and coach at the same time like "the bahr".  Bammer fans are so into tradition that they might actually want this.

So whatever....I hate the SOB, and as much as I would like to see him leave, I would like to see us beat him even more.  We have, unfortunately, not beaten Saban since he has been at bammer.  Maybe Butch can pull an upset in his 2nd or 3rd season.   I would not rule it out this season, but it does seem a tad unlikely.  
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:34:49 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:06:48 EDT »

It's a different day for an AD.  With athletics departments now consisting of 30 plus sports at an SEC school counting mens and womens, it's pretty much impossible for a football coach to handle the AD duties, too.  In the old days it was quite possible, but with everything that both positions require now I just don't see Saban - or any other SEC football coach - being able to do justice to both jobs. 

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:27 EDT »

It's a different day for an AD.  With athletics departments now consisting of 30 plus sports at an SEC school counting mens and womens, it's pretty much impossible for a football coach to handle the AD duties, too.  In the old days it was quite possible, but with everything that both positions require now I just don't see Saban - or any other SEC football coach - being able to do justice to both jobs. 

Once again, I agree. I don't think any coach could keep up with Title IX & run a football team. Too many legal issues plus the NCAA & courts.

G
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 06:21:54 EDT »

They better watch out when the Texas job comes open.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:40:30 EDT »

Reading some things in this thread, I, politically correct, have...No Comment!

BG  
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:47:59 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:19:35 EDT »

It would make sense that Nick Satan was born on Halloween

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:41 EDT »

Well thinking about it, I can't see Saban ever wanting to be an AD anyway.  He doesn't need the money and has stated repeatedly that he likes working directly with the kids.  He's far more likely to go back to the NFL IMO.

I think bammer fans just speculate about these things like any fans would.  Battle is clearly an interim-type choice, but that certainly doesn't mean Saban will get the job. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: