VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:25:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruitnik Question  (Read 2643 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:39 EDT »

What should I expect out of Jonathan Johnson this fall? Also, why was he still available? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:08:20 EDT »

What should I expect out of Jonathan Johnson this fall? Also, why was he still available? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

He's not really a high level prospect, and I'm not sure that he was really being actively recruited this year since it was his first year in JUCO.

My guess is this staff offered him for three reasons:

* He adds depth to the position this year.

* He has potential as a kick returner.

* Perhaps he helped lock down the commitment from teammate Kameel Jackson.

Recruiting has been solid enough so far that I'll trust the staff on this one, though at first it looked a bit puzzling.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 05:35:08 EDT »

He is a good slot guy, and will be good on screen plays. Butch Jones runs a lot of screens....and I don't get the feeling he likes the WRs he inherited too much for his offense.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:18:36 EDT »

Much appreciated gentlemen. I've been trying to figure if he's expected to play a prominent role. If so that seems not to bode well for the passing game. The returner/screen/teammate angles make sense.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:47 EDT »

Butch will have a passing game. Just don't expect it to be very similar to Chaney's. From watching Cincy, he uses more short passing, a lot of screens and outs, and TEs/Rbs a hell of a lot more in the pass game. Not that much deep stuff.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:02 EDT »

Butch will have a passing game. Just don't expect it to be very similar to Chaney's. From watching Cincy, he uses more short passing, a lot of screens and outs, and TEs/Rbs a hell of a lot more in the pass game. Not that much deep stuff.

What!!!! No more 50 yard fades on 3rd and 6???
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 02:04:55 EDT »

What!!!! No more 50 yard fades on 3rd and 6???

One of the things about Chaney that drove me crazy was this kind of stuff. Made no sense.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:31:39 EDT »

The QBs are going to have to mature and improve a lot during summer workouts and fall drills if the passing game is going to be a strength this fall. Unfortunately Worley may be a lost cause. I assume he's going to enter fall as the projected starter, but he's been around long enough that he should be well along in developing his craft but he still looks like a true freshman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: