VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 10:00:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting...  (Read 1454 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:15:27 EST »

Does everyone realize that if every 4-star (plus 5-star Jalen Hurd) commitment currently on UT's list signs with the Vols, Jones will have signed more 4-star and 5-star recruits this season (17) than the last two seasons COMBINED (16)? That's even if none of the big names still on the board falls UT's way.

Much has been made of the fact that Tennessee is No. 2 in the Rivals rankings because of quantity instead of quality, and certainly there's some truth to that. If you rank the teams by the average recruit, Tennessee is No. 9. BUT, also keep in mind that the high number of 3-star commitments on the list pulls us down as much as the overall number of commitments boosts us up in the rankings. Currently, Tennessee has 17 4-star or 5-star commitments. Alabama has 16 and Georgia has 13. No other team has more than 11, currently.

This is Tennessee's best haul of 4-star and 5-star guys since 2005, when Fulmer signed 17 (one 5-star, the rest 4-stars). Several of those years since then didn't even come close to that number.

I realize this is stating the obvious, but...this is a good class.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:19:40 EST »

The high number of EEs (14 I believe) makes this all the more impressive.  They get a full S&C off season plus spring practice under their belts.

We need the numbers, the quality and the EEs - big time

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:22:29 EST »

I know I'm being greedy, but I want Mosley and Malone too.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: