VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 12:58:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Numbers (Explanation Needed)  (Read 1725 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:12:40 EST »

Can one of you recruiting guru types explain a likely breakdown of our numbers please? How many do we sign, and of those, how many will walk-on or greyshirt? Obviously most preferred walk-ons probably will not sign.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:21:45 EST »

Can one of you recruiting guru types explain a likely breakdown of our numbers please? How many do we sign, and of those, how many will walk-on or greyshirt? Obviously most preferred walk-ons probably will not sign.

Here's who is officially committed or enrolled:

Code:
Alvin Kamara	RB	Enrolled 
Andrew Butcher SDE Enrolled
Austin Smith OLB Commit
Chance Hall OT Enrolled
Darrell Miller CB Commit
Darrell Taylor WDE Commit
Darrin Kirkland ILB Enrolled
Jack Jones OT Enrolled
Jauan Jennings DUAL Enrolled
Jocquez Bruce ATH Commit
John Kelly ATH Commit
Justin Martin CB Commit
Kahlil McKenzie DT Commit
Kyle Oliver TE Commit
Kyle Phillips SDE Enrolled
Micah Abernathy CB Commit
Preston WilliamsWR Commit
Quart'e Sapp OLB Commit
Quay Picou DT Commit
Quinten Dormady PRO Enrolled
Riley Lovingood LS Commit
Sheriron Jones DUAL Commit
Shy Tuttle DT Enrolled
Stephen Griffin S Enrolled
Tommy Townsend P Commit
Venzell BoulwareOT Commit
Vincent Perry APB Commit
Zach Stewart OT Commit

I think at most you add Drew Richmond to that tomorrow, an OT. That's 29 players. My understanding is that NONE of these can be back-counted since we maxed our class last year. That means four of these must greyshirt or blueshirt, unless I'm wrong about the backcounting. SEC rules prohibit signing more than 25.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:25:27 EST by Clockwork Orange » Logged

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:38:49 EST »

Thanks Clock!

I was assuming blueshirting wasn't an option, but that would be huge if it is. Isn't there a stipulation the player isn't recruited? Hmm, perhaps the elder Abernathy would count, but I do not know.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:42:48 EST »

Thanks Clock!

I was assuming blueshirting wasn't an option, but that would be huge if it is. Isn't there a stipulation the player isn't recruited? Hmm, perhaps the elder Abernathy would count, but I do not know.

Elder Abernathy doesn't count anyway, since he's a transfer. I'm not sure who in that group may be eligible for a blueshirt, if anyone. As for greyshirts, you'd look toward the bottom and think maybe the punter or long snapper, only we don't have any of either on the roster.

So I have no clue how it will actually shake out.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: