VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 01:13:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting contact  (Read 1039 times)
10EC
« on: October 03, 2019, 01:39:57 EDT »

Anyone know who to contact at UT to alert them to a prospect?  The high school here in Marietta that my son goes to has a DL that is a Sophomore and is just tearing it up.  He is starting for a 5A team here and is just a prototypical DL. 

Also, he is already a TN fan (maybe in part to yours truly bring he and his dad to a game when he was in 6th grade).
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 04:53:30 EDT »

Might try one of these.....Kiffin and Butch had a in house recruiting Coordinator (don't know what their titles are now) I contacted a couple of times and they appreciated the info and even followed up on it and kept me in the loop. One player was Kacy Rodgers son....Kacy played at UT and I coached him when he was in high school. Kacy Jr. was a highly ranked recruit coming out of HS. Kacy Sr. was the DL coach for the Miami Dolphins at the time so the University of Miami won out for his services. That was the year Kiffin was coaching here.

https://utsports.com/staff.aspx
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:25:28 EDT »

Back in 1994, I attended the uga game in Athens.  That was the game we were heavy dogs in, due partly to losing a 5th year senior QB (Jerry Colquitt?  the previous week and having to start Todd Helton.  Though we were big underdogs, we kicked their ass all over the field.  On the way home, we stopped for gas and some snacks at a convenience store. A young man saw my UT gear, approached me, and said he was a top WR at a local HS and was definitley interested in UT and could I help him get in touch with the coaches.  I thought it was a recruiting violation for me to do that, so I kind of blew him off and he got mad.  A couple years later uga recruited two 5-star WRs from the state of Georgia in the same year, and they both helped Georgia tremendously the next few years.  I often wonder if one of them was the guy I talked to!  Would give anything to go back and redo that, because there is no harm in just giving contact information to a coach.  lol.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: