VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 05:38:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's that time of year again...  (Read 1391 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:49:49 EDT »

The time of year where everyone involved in any NFL game is decked out in pink accessories.  I've heard in every game so far today how hard it is to discern the officials' flags from the towels that the players are wearing when one or the other falls on the field, because they're all pink. 

Seriously, is this really necessary?  If you refuse to wear pink, does it mean you hate breast cancer victims?  Of course not.  I look forward to the day when this whole "wear _____ to show your support for _____" fad goes away.  If the NFL wants to support the Susan G Komen foundation, just donate a boatload of cash.  God knows they can afford it.

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:52:28 EDT »

I agree completely. A show of solidarity for breast cancer isn't a bad thing, although it probably goes without saying that a show of solidarity should be for cancer in general (lung cancer and colon cancer each claim more lives) and this whole pink thing is simply a fad that's something cool to do.

Still, I wouldn't really have a problem with it if it didn't go on for weeks.
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:29 EDT »

I agree with you guys.  Cancer is cancer, why not emphasize all types?  It reminds me of my union, Actor's Equity Assn.  They annoy the crap out of me because their cause is Equity fight AIDS.  They have fundraisers every year and beg for money after every Broadway show... it's like... Aids, the official disease of Actors' Equity.  Uh... really?  How about leave the audience alone after they spent a frikkin fortune on their ticket.  I would never post this where other union members could read it because I would be shamed to death, but it annoys me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: