VTTW Board Index
May 31, 2024, 10:41:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Reminder: Leach  (Read 1009 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2020, 11:03:01 EST »

We'd just be completing year three with Mike Leach were it not for the wisdom of Phil Fulmer. Leach may not have won big, but it's likely we wouldn't have been this bad.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 12:01:55 EST »

We'd just be completing year three with Mike Leach were it not for the wisdom of Phil Fulmer. Leach may not have won big, but it's likely we wouldn't have been this bad.

2-7 this year, and an "offensive genius" that is 119th out of 127th teams. In offense, in case that wasn't clear.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi-state/2020.html

I'll throw a bone and say he hasn't recruited any of his players yet, and it's just his first season, but I am very underwhelmed by Leach to date.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 12:15:47 EST »

Leach is up 41-18 on Mizzou right now....Miss State had played with less than 50 scholarship players the past 4 games.....Had several players opt out this season....Best RB in the SEC quit mid season....And leach is about to have the same amount of wins as Poot Gump in his 3rd year. He coaches circles around Poot with a hell of a lot less talent.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 01:29:52 EST »

Leach is up 41-18 on Mizzou right now....Miss State had played with less than 50 scholarship players the past 4 games.....Had several players opt out this season....Best RB in the SEC quit mid season....And leach is about to have the same amount of wins as Poot Gump in his 3rd year. He coaches circles around Poot with a hell of a lot less talent.

Obviously didn't know about the Mizzou game. Who would?  Could care less, it's meaningless.

But if you think an "offensive genius" being 119th out of 127 teams in the country is impressive, then have at it!

So the running back quit.  Doesn't that reflect on the coach? Isn't it his job to motivate his players?

I am still very unimpressed.

Didn't say and doesn't mean I think Pruitt is better than Leach.  Never said that.

It does say I am also glad we didn't get Leach. Don't think it would be much of an improvement, if any.

I did say, and still say, that one out for Leach is that its still his first season. He may improve dramatically the next year and the one after that.    I would tend to say the odds are against it, but he has done okay (not great, but definitely "okay") in the past. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: