VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 11:36:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May touch off a firestorm saying this...  (Read 1603 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:03:01 EDT »

...that swimmer is a dude! PERIOD!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 11:43:00 EDT »

I would agree, but Iā€™m not a biologist. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 12:02:33 EDT »

The world is a crazy place.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 12:43:59 EDT »

That swimmer literally has xy chromosomes. So you are correct. She is a dude.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 12:46:58 EDT »

100%
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 12:50:23 EDT »

I don't give a shizzle. Already had about 6 beers   I proudly do not identify as Republican. BUT, the whole trans thing is disturbing to me, and this case is ridiculous. He/she ought to be ashamed.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 01:06:28 EDT »

This whole Addidas trans commercial agenda ticks me off. Then I wonder, have they have secretly teamed up with Buick and their agenda to increase viewership of female athletics? I wonder if they conspired and determined that the only way to increase viewership for female sports is to have males competing in them. 

Seriously, though, I don't understand how anyone can think that this is a good idea.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 02:17:50 EDT »

That swimmer literally has xy chromosomes. So you are correct. he is a dude.
FIFY

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
ā€”T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 02:53:32 EDT »

That swimmer literally has xy chromosomes. So you are correct. She is a dude.

When the resident liberal and the board's conservative majority are in agreement, something is bad wrong. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 04:58:21 EDT »

I've wondered when a solid men's intramural team at, say, Arkansas State is going to decide they're temporarily not dudes and run the table in women's hoops.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 05:31:58 EDT »

I was discussing this topic with a friend lately. He has a young son who is involved in gymnastics and is very talented. This guy takes his son to national meets around the country. He told me that an "average" male gymnast can do so much more complicated feats than Simone Biles (arguably the most talented female gymnast ever, who is capable of skills that no other female gymnasts can do - so much so that the Olympic committee refused to judge those skills at the last Olympics). He emphasized that he wasn't talking about elite level male gynnasts, just average.

I simply cannot understand how anyone can think that this is acceptable.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 04:25:59 EDT »

First off, I could not care less how someone identifies, none of my business.  BUT, show some respect for the integrity of competition.  How can anyone have any pride in their accomplishment as a schoolyard bully beating up the little kids.  It is incredibly disrespectful to the women who have spent countless hours over many years to develop their bodies and technique to be able to compete in their sport, only to face a genetic difference in muscular development that cannot be overcome.  So if this female identifier takes any pride in their success, they show no respect for the sport, and no respect for their "chosen" sex.  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:33:58 EDT by LouisVOL » Logged

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 06:01:21 EDT »

I've wondered when a solid men's intramural team at, say, Arkansas State is going to decide they're temporarily not dudes and run the table in women's hoops.

I am really surprised we have not seen a trans ringer yet in women's NCAA hoops.  Maybe they're already are in the sport but they have yet to make a big splash, i dunno. 

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2022, 07:00:49 EDT »

First off, I could not care less how someone identifies, none of my business.  BUT, show some respect for the integrity of competition.  How can anyone have any pride in their accomplishment as a schoolyard bully beating up the little kids.  It is incredibly disrespectful to the women who have spent countless hours over many years to develop their bodies and technique to be able to compete in their sport, only to face a genetic difference in muscular development that cannot be overcome.  So if this female identifier takes any pride in their success, they show no respect for the sport, and no respect for their "chosen" sex.  

Well said

11B4PJ3F7
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2022, 07:48:43 EDT »

I agree completely. You worded that very well.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 07:39:49 EDT »

There aren't a lot of women hanging around the board these days, so I will go ahead and share a meme I saw

It had a pic of the U Penn swimmer and stated that the "best women's swimmer is a man"/"men are even better at being women"

just in humor!

please do not slap me! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.ā€  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 12:00:48 EDT »

I am really surprised we have not seen a trans ringer yet in women's NCAA hoops.  Maybe they're already are in the sport but they have yet to make a big splash, i dunno. 
I thought that would be Brittany Griner and Sylvia Fowles who already did that...lol. I'm kidding. No one get triggered please.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 02:32:47 EDT »

I thought that would be Brittany Griner and Sylvia Fowles who already did that...lol. I'm kidding. No one get triggered please.

Never have liked Griner, but hope she does get out of Russia before too much longer 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.ā€  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: