VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:31:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Through 5 games  (Read 1429 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:00:31 EST »

Some basic and advanced stats for our basketball players . . . note that Ortg, a stat I learned from Ken Pomeroy, is very complex and i can only give an estimated value. This is unfortunate as it's the most valuable stat of the bunch, but I think the estimate is still pretty solid.

Code:
	                pts	reb	asst	eFG%	Ortg
Golden,Trae......... 12.4 2.8 5.2 46.7% 117.5
Stokes,Jarnell...... 14.8 7.4 2 57.1% 125.5
Richardson,Josh..... 8.4 6.2 0.8 51.6% 100.4
McBee,Skylar........ 7.6 1.2 1 57.7% 123.0
Hall,Kenny.......... 8.2 7 0.4 66.7% 131.3
McRae,Jordan........ 10 2.2 1.6 51.4% 112.1
Chievous,Quinton.... 2.6 2.8 0 36.7% 76.1
Moore,Armani........ 2.6 1.2 1 55.6% 83.8
Edwards,D'Montre.... 3 2.75 0 42.9% 81.5
Makanjuola,Yemi..... 2 1.8 0.2 40.0% 119.7

Note that the most effective offensive players have been Hall, Stokes, and McBee . . . probably the three guys who touch the ball the least among our starters. It's pleasing to see that Golden's Ortg is still pretty good at 117.5 even though his shooting (eFG of under 50%) has been rough. Mostly that comes from his asst-to-TO ratio, which is an outstanding  26 to 7. It's notable that Stokes is second in assists. He also leads the team in steals, for what that's worth.

My impression offensively is that:

* Golden needs to keep doing what he's doing but be more selective with his jump shots. Attack the basket and dish when it's the best option.

* Stokes needs to be more assertive and touch the ball as much as possible (though he still leads us in shots taken with 49 FGA and 33 FTA). He can probably also improve those rebounding numbers.

* Kenny Hall is playing well overall, and with Maymon out we really need that.

* McBee at 57.7% is a good thing, but I believe it can be higher if he stops trying to shoot us out of zones. That's not his problem only though.

* McRae can do more and really needs to.

* Richardson is a beast on the boards at his position but is hurting us offensively.

* Yemi does what he does with limited minutes. He has yet to turn the ball over and makes hustle plays.

* It's unsurprising to see the three freshmen with Ortg < 100. Chievous and Edwards have taken too many shots.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:24 EST »

Good stuff. I will say this about Richardson, he seems to be a great defensive player, and he has definitely improved offensively. He's one of those guys that are just pesky for the opponent. Like Makanjoula as well, he is very scrappy.

I think it's possible we may end up redshirting Maymon.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:29:05 EST »

I think Chievous just needs to settle down a bit, he is trying too hard.  He can and will be a great help to this team.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: