VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:39:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pretender Bowl  (Read 923 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:11:44 EDT »

Arkansas vs Ole Miss this weekend, two completely discredited pretenders.  Which one will win?  My money is on Arkansas, they smacked Ole Miss last year, I think they can do it again.

Hopefully Ark will put a beat down on them and Ole Miss will limp into our game. 

In the meantime, Vols need to handle Junior. 

Can't help looking ahead a bit though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 06:47:59 EDT »

Arkansas vs Ole Miss this weekend, two completely discredited pretenders.  Which one will win?  My money is on Arkansas, they smacked Ole Miss last year, I think they can do it again.

Hopefully Ark will put a beat down on them and Ole Miss will limp into our game. 

In the meantime, Vols need to handle Junior. 

Can't help looking ahead a bit though.   
I'm good with that scenario

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 07:48:46 EDT »

It would certainly help us in 2 weeks if Arky ground Ole Miss into the turf. 

However, yeah - keep the focus on those gamecocks....I'm sure they're gonna give us stiff competition.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 07:50:21 EDT »

However, yeah - keep the focus on those gamecocks....I'm sure they're gonna give us stiff competition.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 02:01:30 EDT »

Oh the cracks we could make after that post.  

True story....when I got out of college I went to work down in Augusta, GA for that Power Company (GA Power) and one of the people I met was a big USC(jr) fan.  So he invited me to go with him to one of their games since we had discussed College Football and he knew how much I was missing going to UT games, etc. (this was before they were a member if the SEC)  So I went and we go into the stadium and before the game everybody stands and starts yelling.....here I am going "I am not going to stand up and say that....."  My friend asks me why I am not standing and chanting with him.....I told him I would not stand and shout "Nobody can beat our cocks"....he looked at me and asked why and I almost could not even imagine why he had asked me this....I told him well most people don't go to a public place and yell about Masturbation.  He then started laughing and said "Yeah I guess it could be misconstrued that way."  We had a good laugh about it.  

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 07:19:45 EDT »

Oh the cracks we could make after that post.  

True story....when I got out of college I went to work down in Augusta, GA for that Power Company (GA Power) and one of the people I met was a big USC(jr) fan.  So he invited me to go with him to one of their games since we had discussed College Football and he knew how much I was missing going to UT games, etc. (this was before they were a member if the SEC)  So I went and we go into the stadium and before the game everybody stands and starts yelling.....here I am going "I am not going to stand up and say that....."  My friend asks me why I am not standing and chanting with him.....I told him I would not stand and shout "Nobody can beat our cocks"....he looked at me and asked why and I almost could not even imagine why he had asked me this....I told him well most people don't go to a public place and yell about Masturbation.  He then started laughing and said "Yeah I guess it could be misconstrued that way."  We had a good laugh about it.  

Amazed that it never occured to him, I mean it's pretty obvious.   

Related story...I work with  guy who went to ND State, the FCS power that has won multiple championships.  They have a rival, I can't recall who, that also is the Gamecocks.  I took a work trip with my colleague, and in the airport in Denver I think, we were in a long line for the men's restroom, which can happen in crowded airports, and the guy in line in front of us had an ND State shirt that said "we always beat the cocks!".  So my friend sees that and says "Hey I love your shirt!!!". In a men's restroom.  Man, you should have seen the look the guy gave him. I think he thought he was being hit on.   

Afterwards I pointed out to him what he did, and it was really weird in that he was not amused and didn't have a sense of humor about it.  Frankly if it was me, I would have just laughed at myself for being that stupid.  But later that week when we were at our destination and a group of us were consuming adult beverages after our evening meal, he made a lame attempt to retaliate by joking that I had dated a known lesbian at work.  I am not sure (a) why he got so offended, and (b) how his attempt to retaliate was so lame (I mean, if a straight guy dates a lesbian, that's actually an accomplishment right?).

But whatever, you had to see the look on the other guys face to really appreciate how funny it was.  Maybe don't say "I really like your shirt!!!" to a guy in a men's restroom, when his shirt says "we always beat the cocks!".   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: