VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:05:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's droner drinking tonight?....  (Read 3832 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:43 EST »

Thanks for asking! 

Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay (Marlborough) (2009)($17.00)

A very good white from New Zealand. Chardonnay that's smooth and fruity with that clean bite of acidity on the finish. It's an 87 point wine for $17.00. Should be widely available even in grocery stores which is where I got this one.
CONSIGLIEREG8R
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:12:07 EST »

2005 Phelan Segur St. Estephe.  Great vintage for Bordeaux.  St. Estephe is a Cabernet based appellation.  Very tannic and structured.  Wine was great.  Could use many more years in the bottle.  Ten years would be great.  Wish I had bought more.  I think I bought only three bottles.  If you want something to cut through the fat of rib eye--this is your wine. 

"Thanks for asking" (c)droner
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:09:41 EST »

I had that wine, although a different vintage, a few years ago when I bought Bordeaux futures. It was excellent. I've only bought futures one time and it worked out well.
CONSIGLIEREG8R
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:10:21 EST »

I gave up my subscription to WS a few years ago but still like to check it out from time to time.  I was in a book store yesterday (remember them) and picked up both WS and WE's year end top 100.  I was pleasantly suprised to see how few real expensive wines there were.  I think WS only had one or two over $100 and not crazy over priced bordeauxs or burgs.   
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:15 EST »

I gave up my subscription to WS a few years ago but still like to check it out from time to time.  I was in a book store yesterday (remember them) and picked up both WS and WE's year end top 100.  I was pleasantly suprised to see how few real expensive wines there were.  I think WS only had one or two over $100 and not crazy over priced bordeauxs or burgs.   

Have you ever been able to actually purchase the wines on that list? Only a couple of times have I been able to find anything in the top 100.
CONSIGLIEREG8R
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 01:50:23 EST »

I have picked up several including a few #1s I think.  I know i have gotten several top tens.  I think from a quick list there should be quite a few available.  I think they made a lot of the #1.  You can find it on the interwebs but people have gone nuts with the price since it was #1..  Heck Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc was # 29.  I can buy that stuff by the truckload.  Only three of the top 100 were over $100 and none over $200.00
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:38 EST »

I have picked up several including a few #1s I think.  I know i have gotten several top tens.  I think from a quick list there should be quite a few available.  I think they made a lot of the #1.  You can find it on the interwebs but people have gone nuts with the price since it was #1..  Heck Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc was # 29.  I can buy that stuff by the truckload.  Only three of the top 100 were over $100 and none over $200.00
I guess I need to print the list and go looking. Not that the list is the definitive word, but I would still like to drink what supposed experts consider to be the best wines in the world.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 03:39:06 EST »

I'm drinking sweet tea,I'll be working in the morning.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:48 EST »

but I would still like to drink what supposed experts consider to be the best wines in the world.

Ummmmmmmmmm........I thought that was you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: