VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 11:35:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brice saying MCB vs. Louisville most likely...  (Read 3609 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2019, 05:28:46 EST »

...meh. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 05:37:55 EST »

Better than nothing I guess.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 07:12:01 EST »

...meh. 

Early on, I was ok with the MCB because I thought I would go.

I don't know what I was thinking. Frankly, the MCB would be a slap to the face for a Tennessee team that finished the way this one did. Unless the Outback and Gator just didn't want TN (and I don't know why they wouldn't, given the way this fan base travels), if the SEC awarded TN to the MCB just because the MCB lobbied so hard for the Vols...well, actually, that wouldn't be surprising at all. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 07:16:25 EST »

247 is also reporting Tennessee vs. Louisville in the MCB, and says there's "mutual interest" between UT and the MCB. Why on earth would Tennessee WANT to go play in Nashville? Isn't the whole point of a bowl game to reward your team for its regular season play and investment? A cold late December trip to Nashville hardly seems rewarding when you could be headed to a beach somewhere instead. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 11:45:32 EST »

Meh from me, too.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:58:01 EST »

MCB was a lot of fun last time vs Nebraska, Jacksonville is overrated, and the Outback was a reach anyway (they always take Florida).   That said, agree the Vols deserve a better quality bowl, but like TnPhil says, much better than nothing. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 03:03:05 EST »

Pretty funny and accurate, from Twitter:

Tennessee fans...
Week 1: No bowl
Week 2: No bowl
Week 3: No bowl
Week 4: No bowl
Week 5: No bowl
Week 6: No bowl
Week 7: No bowl
Week 8: Bowl?
Week 9: Bowl??
Week 10: Bowl???
Week 11: Goin bowlin!
Week 12: Goin bowlin!!
Week 13: I don't want that bowl
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 07:21:39 EST »

If the Pick-a-nicknames makes a NY 6 bowl (possible since the AP ranks them higher than Utah or Whiskey) then Outback
else, MCB

As an aside, since it appears Louisville is assured of the MCB then the bluekittens will not go there as they just played them, which explains the kitties to the Gator
IMO it sucks for the fans but it is ~$500K more to the school for the MCB vs the Gator

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 09:29:19 EST »

In all seriousness, it is pretty silly how tore up Vol Twitter has been about us winding up at the MCB.

Sure a Florida bowl would've been nice, but after the start we had we should thank our lucky stars we're bowling at all.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 09:44:48 EST »

In all seriousness, it is pretty silly how tore up Vol Twitter has been about us winding up at the MCB.

Sure a Florida bowl would've been nice, but after the start we had we should thank our lucky stars we're bowling at all.
werd

11B4PJ3F7
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 09:51:39 EST »

Any bowl is huge for this program at this point after the last few years and the start of this season.
The extra practice time and an extra game for the young guys to get more experience and exposure for recruiting is huge.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 09:55:27 EST »

NOT SO FAST... now they're saying UofL vs Miss Stated in MCB...

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 10:08:39 EST »

Matt Jones:

Bottom line:

SEC had agreement where Tennessee was in Music City and Kentucky I’m Gator

Tennessee changed its mind this afternoon and made Gator the preference . Because they had same record and Beat UK head to head, deference was given to them by SEC
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 10:09:34 EST »

Lol did Vol Twitter just dictate our bowl destination a la Schiano Sunday?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 04:33:12 EST »

Lol did Vol Twitter just dictate our bowl destination a la Schiano Sunday?

I'm guessig it did.  This AD is not tone deaf.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 04:40:19 EST »

RedditCFB
‏Verified account @RedditCFB

"Vol Twitter" is trending right now. One of the most unique communities in the sport, and arguably the fanbase that has the most actual pull.
2:19 PM - 8 Dec 2019

Tate
‏ @t8teb

Vol Twitter really just complained their way out of the Music City Bowl, 2 years after taking over a coaching search. Can’t tell me there’s a more productive fan base out there
1:17 PM - 8 Dec 2019
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 05:03:29 EST »

RedditCFB
‏Verified account @RedditCFB

"Vol Twitter" is trending right now. One of the most unique communities in the sport, and arguably the fanbase that has the most actual pull.
2:19 PM - 8 Dec 2019

Tate
‏ @t8teb

Vol Twitter really just complained their way out of the Music City Bowl, 2 years after taking over a coaching search. Can’t tell me there’s a more productive fan base out there
1:17 PM - 8 Dec 2019

Obviously I aligned with the rest of VolTwitter on both issues, but it's a little concerning. With every perceived "victory" comes empowerment, and let's be honest -- VolTwitter is just a bullying mob at its very core.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 05:40:35 EST »

Obviously I aligned with the rest of VolTwitter on both issues, but it's a little concerning. With every perceived "victory" comes empowerment, and let's be honest -- VolTwitter is just a bullying mob at its very core.

I honestly think the power if Vol Twitter is overstated.  After all, Twitter is a fun-house mirror and not the real world.  It just so happens that sometimes what Vol Twitter wants lines up with what makes the most sense, the biggest example was Schiano but that didn't hapoen just because of Twitter.  There was a lot of pushback outside of Twitter.  And the bowl thing, it seems to me that administrators were on the fence and in the end decided they wanted to go to Florida.

I was mostly joking in my post above.  Twitter as a whole can be pretty terrible but to me it's a part if a bigger problem that is itself social media.  On Twitter you dictate the content you see based on who you're following and it creates a distorted view of reality.  I know you know all this, I'm just rambling.  Because I often think of and long for the days before social media.  It can be really handy, but it's bad in a lot of ways too such as cyberbullying.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:32:56 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 05:50:35 EST »

I know you know all this, I'm just rambling. 

Please ramble more often. I'm happy to not be the only one rambling. 

Social media is a big part of my job. If it wasn't, I'd ditch it altogether for the reasons you mention...and especially because I find myself being part of the problem sometimes and that's alarming in hindsight.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 09:31:30 EST »

I think in instances of social bullying via twitter, actions that cost people jobs and hit their reputations very hard, often over minor verbal or written "transgressions", that lawsuits for harassment should be a thing.  Some of it goes way too far and there are real world consequences for the targets that the cyber-bullies sitting behind their anonymous keypads don't suffer in the other direction. That should change.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: