VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:08:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bravos have locked up Andrelton Simmons up for 7 years.  (Read 2410 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:57:54 EST »

7 years, $58 million. 

I like it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:44:25 EST »

The Braves have a scary roster. I just hope it leads to playoff and World Series success. However, a good friend of mine, Mark Ellis, just signed with the Cards. I will root for him to get a series ring. He has played about 14 seasons and no WS. He is a solid second baseman. Played his first 10 years for the A's. Then the Rockies and last year he was a Dodger. Only bad thing about him is that he is a Florida Gator graduate. He is from here in Rapid City and his dad was my boss for about 5 years. 

volsboyinsodak
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:58:46 EST »

The Braves have a scary roster. I just hope it leads to playoff and World Series success. However, a good friend of mine, Mark Ellis, just signed with the Cards. I will root for him to get a series ring. He has played about 14 seasons and no WS. He is a solid second baseman. Played his first 10 years for the A's. Then the Rockies and last year he was a Dodger. Only bad thing about him is that he is a Florida Gator graduate. He is from here in Rapid City and his dad was my boss for about 5 years. 

Gator lover. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:38:31 EST »

Gator lover. 

I'm with Troy Landry when it comes to gators:

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:22:43 EST »

And a bargain, at that.  His triple crown numbers will never merit MVP consideration, but he's already being called the best defensive SS ever.  If he just becomes a .290 type hitter, he'll be more valuable than a lot of guys making 3 times as much.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 01:42:52 EST »

BTW, did you see that the firm the Braves hired to design their new stadium is the same one that designed the ballparks in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, SF, and San Diego?  Their trademark is integrating existing landmarks into the design of the ballpark.  Which, in Cobb County, could be somewhat of a challenge.  Maybe the outfield will open up to a glorious view of the Giant Chicken.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 02:31:01 EST »

Maybe the outfield will open up to a glorious view of the Giant Chicken.

Well, that would make it easy to find the stadium, then.  Just go to the Big Chicken and hang a left.  Everybody knows where the Big Chicken is.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: