VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:01:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This crap is getting rediculous. What is wrong with these Kids?  (Read 2179 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:56:23 EST »

[urlhttps://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-player-told-police-team-had-a-hit-out-on-teammate][/url]

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:03:36 EST »

Yet when said player that was supposed to have a hit out on him testified to grand jury, he said no UT player had ever assaulted him. He did not dispute other players confronting and yelling at him, but no physical assaults. The lawyer also claims UT hired Don Bosch to defend the accused players. On local TV, Don claimed that UT never hired him or directed the players to him and any claim like that was categorically false (I think that was his words). So do not believe everything the media spouts off. All media (liberal and conservative) are just into salacious gossip for ratings. No media is interested in the truth any more. Besides most Americans only want to hear about and believe anything bad broadcast about any school, politician, or celebrity. They do not care about it unless it involves sex and/or violence. Is it ugly and bad for UT image? Yes. Is everything in the suit true? I would doubt it.

You have to understand that a lawyer filing suit is going to make all sorts of claims (true and false) just to claim that a case is justified. The suit does not have to prove a single thing and he can made any statement in it that he wants. At discovery, both sides will plow through the claims and some will be dropped when proven false or inaccurate and some will continue. The suing attorney can go before media and make any statement he wants and will continue to do so until a judge tells him to shut up. He is attempting to try this case in the glare of media just to get a large out-of-court settlement. I believe every Title IX suit so far has been settled out-of-court for at least $1millon and most for more.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 12:35:48 EST »

Yet when said player that was supposed to have a hit out on him testified to grand jury, he said no UT player had ever assaulted him. He did not dispute other players confronting and yelling at him, but no physical assaults. The lawyer also claims UT hired Don Bosch to defend the accused players. On local TV, Don claimed that UT never hired him or directed the players to him and any claim like that was categorically false (I think that was his words). So do not believe everything the media spouts off. All media (liberal and conservative) are just into salacious gossip for ratings. No media is interested in the truth any more. Besides most Americans only want to hear about and believe anything bad broadcast about any school, politician, or celebrity. They do not care about it unless it involves sex and/or violence. Is it ugly and bad for UT image? Yes. Is everything in the suit true? I would doubt it.

You have to understand that a lawyer filing suit is going to make all sorts of claims (true and false) just to claim that a case is justified. The suit does not have to prove a single thing and he can made any statement in it that he wants. At discovery, both sides will plow through the claims and some will be dropped when proven false or inaccurate and some will continue. The suing attorney can go before media and make any statement he wants and will continue to do so until a judge tells him to shut up. He is attempting to try this case in the glare of media just to get a large out-of-court settlement. I believe every Title IX suit so far has been settled out-of-court for at least $1millon and most for more.

Exactly....With Lawyers getting the bulk of it. Hope UT fights this......somebody has to or this will spin out of control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: