VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:18:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was at the gym last night and......  (Read 3334 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:19 EST »

talking with some of the guys about the state of Volunteers Football and the subjuect of coaching changes came up. I said we need to get a new RB coach. Two guys shot said the on Sports Talk yesterdaythat the issue of coaches came up and that there was not a RB coach specific on the Volunteer staff. They mentioned that the SportsTAlk guys said theat Chaney was suppose to be working in that arena but spent his time with the QB's. Furthermore, it was revealed that there is no punter/kicker coach, that those guys would just be off on thier own doing what ever.

Has anybody heard this or is it true? IF it is true then that is a major failure on the part of Dooley. How can you not have a RB coach?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:01:21 EST »

I have heard that about the kickers.. Mind boggling.

And with Chaney being the OC, I can totally see him spending more time with the QB's.. Which is why I didn't really like the thought of him moving to coach the OL.  I can't see that improving our OL situation.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:59 EST »

And with Chaney being the OC, I can totally see him spending more time with the QB's.. Which is why I didn't really like the thought of him moving to coach the OL.  I can't see that improving our OL situation.

I'm out of the loop I guess, but that is the first I've heard of him coaching the O-line! Let me get this, UT hired a guy who put five guys from one team in the NFL as the O-line coach and they are thinking of moving Chaney to O-line? That is beyond moind boggling. Pure stupidity IMO.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 05:12:28 EST »

Chaney to OL hasn't happened.. That is mere speculation.

In order to get an) coach, we're going to have to lose a coach.  The theory is Hiestand goes and Chaney whould shift from rbs to ol.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:47:42 EST »

Larry Porter is looking for a job now..Why wouldn't the Vols go after him as a RB coach?  He is one hell of a recruiter also!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58:12 EST »

I hear Porter is on 5 SECOND schools' wish lists.  I think Jay Graham should be persued, too.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:26 EST »

talking with some of the guys about the state of Volunteers Football and the subjuect of coaching changes came up. I said we need to get a new RB coach. Two guys shot said the on Sports Talk yesterdaythat the issue of coaches came up and that there was not a RB coach specific on the Volunteer staff. They mentioned that the SportsTAlk guys said theat Chaney was suppose to be working in that arena but spent his time with the QB's. Furthermore, it was revealed that there is no punter/kicker coach, that those guys would just be off on thier own doing what ever.

Has anybody heard this or is it true? IF it is true then that is a major failure on the part of Dooley. How can you not have a RB coach?

No school has a coach devoted to punting and kicking, it usually falls on one guy who is a position coach and special teams coach.

10EC
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:59 EST »

No school has a coach devoted to punting and kicking, it usually falls on one guy who is a position coach and special teams coach.

can you imagine what giving these guys maybe 3 hours/week from Fuad and the Colquits would do.  Just technique instruction.  And they are in Knoxville aren't they?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:03 EST »

Chaney coached OL at Purdue and with the Rams and even his first year with Kiffin. Chaney is qualified to coach OL.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: