VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:53:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oregon beat the hell out of USC 62-51  (Read 8370 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:20:29 EST »

Not a good day for the Monte Kiffin defense. So much for USC being a National Championship contender,They have three losses.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:32:23 EST »

LOL.  I feel just slightly better knowing that the Kiffins gave up13 more points than us on one of the worst days ever for the UT defense.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 06:35:13 EST »

I feel SLIGHTLY bad for Matt Barkley.  I'd wager Kiffin enticed him to stay another year and it's gonna cost him millions.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:36 EST »

nm

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:46:19 EST »

nm

Very true, but I hate me some Kiffin.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 02:54:49 EST »

Very true, but I hate me some Kiffin.   

At this point I would take Monte Kiffin as Defensive Coordinator

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:59:31 EST »

At this point I would take Monte Kiffin as Defensive Coordinator

After he gave up 61?

But yeah, I'd take anyone with a pulse over sunseri 

You have to realize that everyone is still pissed at the Kiffins.  But seriously, the mastermind of the Tampa 2, one of the greatest minds in the NFL defensive history, supposedly, should not give up 61 to anyone.

It's that new-fangled spread, I guess. 

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:58 EST »

After he gave up 61?

But yeah, I'd take anyone with a pulse over sunseri 

You have to realize that everyone is still pissed at the Kiffins.  But seriously, the mastermind of the Tampa 2, one of the greatest minds in the NFL defensive history, supposedly, should not give up 61 to anyone.

It's that new-fangled spread, I guess. 

Lane will probably be fired after the 2013 season along with His Dad if USC doesn't at least go to the Rose Bowl. Which will be funny

wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 03:04:52 EST »

nm
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 03:32:49 EST »

Kiffin put a great product on the field here considering what he had to work with, but he's not doing that at SC. That having been said I think he only has 75 scholarships this year, but I could be wrong.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 08:21:49 EST »

Lovin every micro second of this beat down. Hate USC, Kiffin, and most things assosiated with LA.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:53 EST »

Kiffin put a great product on the field here considering what he had to work with, but he's not doing that at SC. That having been said I think he only has 75 scholarships this year, but I could be wrong.

Not quite....the scholarship reductions start next year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 09:32:30 EST »

Not quite....the scholarship reductions start next year.

And no Barkley.  Who, BTW, came back because Luck and Griffin were in the draft, not out of any true desire to stay in college one more year.

I've thought all along that Kiffin was just going to spiral down at USCw.   I know some were impressed with Kiffin's one year here.  I was not.   The team may have been more disciplined and consistent, but his most impressive win was over a 6-7 uga team and IMO it was nullified by the jokes against Ole Miss and in the bowl.  I also thought that between UCLA and Auburn, we should have beat at least one of them.  And I will never forgive him for pissing away a chance to beat bammer when no one gave us a chance, and mess up their MNC.   

But yeah, he's pretty much screwed next year.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 02:51:25 EST »

The usc "jimmycaps" gave up 730 yards...and lost!....I love it....Lane....YOU STILL SUCK!!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:29 EST »

I've thought all along that Kiffin was just going to spiral down at USCw.   I know some were impressed with Kiffin's one year here.  I was not.   The team may have been more disciplined and consistent, but his most impressive win was over a 6-7 uga team and IMO it was nullified by the jokes against Ole Miss and in the bowl.  I also thought that between UCLA and Auburn, we should have beat at least one of them.  And I will never forgive him for pissing away a chance to beat bammer when no one gave us a chance, and mess up their MNC.   

You weren't impressed with Kiffin, who played No. 1 Alabama to the wire with a chance at a game-winning field goal, and beat South Carolina AND Georgia, yet you've typed approximately 50,000 words in defense of Dooley, who hasn't sniffed a win against either South Carolina or Georgia, let alone Alabama or any other SEC team that was anything more than a conference cellar-dweller.  FTR, I was happy to see Kiffin leave. Not in the fashion he did it, and definitely not with the stunts he pulled on his way out the door, but I thought UT would be better off in the long run. And I'm still not convinced that it wasn't for the best, although the three seasons since he left have been miserable. But Kiffin could coach circles around Dooley.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 03:32:53 EST »

You weren't impressed with Kiffin, who played No. 1 Alabama to the wire with a chance at a game-winning field goal, and beat South Carolina AND Georgia, yet you've typed approximately 50,000 words in defense of Dooley, who hasn't sniffed a win against either South Carolina or Georgia, let alone Alabama or any other SEC team that was anything more than a conference cellar-dweller.  FTR, I was happy to see Kiffin leave. Not in the fashion he did it, and definitely not with the stunts he pulled on his way out the door, but I thought UT would be better off in the long run. And I'm still not convinced that it wasn't for the best, although the three seasons since he left have been miserable. But Kiffin could coach circles around Dooley.

Don't forget, he also thinks Saban is on the decline.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:16 EST »

I never said I was totally unimpressed.  Just not as impressed as some.  To listen to some, he was bringing the program back.  But we were 7-6...barely an improvment over Fulmer's last year.  Understand that I am contrasting him with Fulmer and saying I don't see a huge improvement.

Dooley did not inherit the situation that Kiffin did, it was much worse.  I have never typed a single word in "defense of Dooley".  I think that's a common misunderstanding of my POV.  If you can find one post where I say "cut DOOLEY some slack" or "DOOLEY is actually a pretty good coach" or even "we need to stick with DOOLEY" then point it out by all means.  (The caps are because I actually almost never use his name - my posts are about the TEAM).

I never have, and never will. In fact, I don't think Dooley is that great a coach.  In spite of that, I see improvement from last year that I don't think is properly credited.  Particularly our Oline and run game improved 100%+.  Notice that I haven't been stressing that as much lately...because our suckage on D pretty much overshadows how well our offense is improved.  Unfortunately. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:25 EST »

Don't forget, he also thinks Saban is on the decline.   

Burned out.  I said he looked burned out last year.  I also said no team can stay on top and have the success bammer is having forever.  LSU just about punctured their balloon last night.  I don't think they are a shoo-in to repeat this year at all.  Guess we'll find out.

But I'm not at all surprised you would have that reaction.  When a team is on top, everyone just assumes that they will keep winning.  There was a point in the 90s when no one thought Osbourne would ever lose, right up to the point that Arizona State, a three TD underdog, beat them.  It will happen to Saban also. Probably this season.....and yes, I will stick my neck out and predict that.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:55:43 EST »

Burned out.  I said he looked burned out last year.  I also said no team can stay on top and have the success bammer is having forever.  LSU just about punctured their balloon last night.  I don't think they are a shoo-in to repeat this year at all.  Guess we'll find out.

But I'm not at all surprised you would have that reaction.  When a team is on top, everyone just assumes that they will keep winning.  There was a point in the 90s when no one thought Osbourne would ever lose, right up to the point that Arizona State, a three TD underdog, beat them.  It will happen to Saban also. Probably this season.....and yes, I will stick my neck out and predict that.   

Even if Bama does lose, it's not like that signifies the beginning of the end.  I understand your wishful thinking, I really do. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 02:35:35 EST »

Bandit, even if Saban is burned ot (he doesn't appear to be to me), he has built that program up to where even if he leaves, unless they hire a total goofball, they will continue to have success.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 02:59:25 EST »

Bandit, even if Saban is burned ot (he doesn't appear to be to me), he has built that program up to where even if he leaves, unless they hire a total goofball, they will continue to have success.

For awhile.  But will they keep winning 2 of every 3 MNCs?  I doubt it.  Pete Carroll looked like he could do it at USCw, but they had declined even before he finally got caught cheating.  And my views on that part of it are  well known....

Yes, USCw was still in the mix every year, but they didn't really sniff an MNC between 2006 and 2008 when the shizzle hit the fan.  And thus goes bammer....IMO.

This year seems ripe for, if nothing else, a loss in the MNC game.  Like USCw in 2005 or New England-Giants I.   

In the meantime, Aggie up! 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 03:06:00 EST »

For awhile.  But will they keep winning 2 of every 3 MNCs?  I doubt it.  Pete Carroll looked like he could do it at USCw, but they had declined even before he finally got caught cheating.  And my views on that part of it are  well known....

Yes, USCw was still in the mix every year, but they didn't really sniff an MNC between 2006 and 2008 when the shizzle hit the fan.  And thus goes bammer....IMO.

This year seems ripe for, if nothing else, a loss in the MNC game.  Like USCw in 2005 or New England-Giants I.   

In the meantime, Aggie up! 

So you're predicting Bama will not stay on top for all eternity?  Wow, you're really making a bold prediction, there. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 03:21:11 EST »

So you're predicting Bama will not stay on top for all eternity?  Wow, you're really making a bold prediction, there. 

For Saban's tenure they won't be on top much longer...not eternity, I hope, though if there is a hell for Vol fans that sounds like it. LOL!

They could easily still screw the pooch this year, whether Saturday, in the SECCG (I actually give Tamu a better chance than uga  with their easy schedule  ), or against Oregon in the MNC.  I am pretty confident they will, in fact, so no need to wait for eternity.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: