VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:12:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nine (9) games into the season (eight (8) of which clearly showed a defective D)  (Read 4322 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:37:59 EST »

Dooley (may) make some changes on defense?

Also, that noted defensive mind, Dooley is spending "all" his time in the defensive room ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 06:50:17 EST »

Takes awhile to study film.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:16:08 EST »

Sal to the box, CDD is micromanaging.

This basically means Sal is toast

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 08:15:21 EST »

Dooley (may) make some changes on defense?

Also, that noted defensive mind, Dooley is spending "all" his time in the defensive room ...

If dooley were any slower to react he'd be in reverse. What a leader.....he couldn't lead this team in a silent prayer!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:39 EST »

Troy's QB is a future NFL QB, therefore Troy gaining over 700 yds on UT is quite acceptable under the circumstances. We just all need to understand that, "You don't turn on your family"! Besides, Dooley's now gonna sit in on the D meetings.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:33 EST »

Troy's QB is a future NFL QB, therefore Troy gaining over 700 yds on UT is quite acceptable under the circumstances.

I literally just spewed water out of mouth when I read this.  Please tell me I just missed the sarcasm.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:14:01 EST »

I literally just spewed water out of mouth when I read this.  Please tell me I just missed the sarcasm.

Dooley said this in his press conference.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:50 EST »

Dooley said this in his press conference.

You lie.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59:45 EST »

Just when I thought he could not get any more idiotic as a coach after the late FG against Bama, he comes out with this garbage and expects UT fans to feel better about being toasted on the field by Troy.   He is simply out of his league in every phase of coaching at UT.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:23:31 EST »

You lie.

I do not.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:31:04 EST »

I do not.

Didn't realize that was a quote.  Wow.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:07 EST »

Troy's QB is a future NFL QB, therefore Troy gaining over 700 yds on UT is quite acceptable under the circumstances. We just all need to understand that, "You don't turn on your family"! Besides, Dooley's now gonna sit in on the D meetings.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110512aag.html

To be clear, the only actual quote is "you don't turn on your family".  The entire presser is in the link.  The other words are strictly from TnBama.

And Vinnie..he is being VERY sarcastic!  Were you being sarcastic about him being sarcastic?  How could you miss the sarcasm?   

And FTR, here is the entire quote, in context:

"The team, all the way back to last January, just made a commitment that we are going to be a team and we are going to be together. That kind of commitment can't be only when things are good. You don't turn on your family when they do bad things or they do something that might upset you. You might be hurt and disappointed, you might get angry, but you don't turn on them."

I really don't have a problem with him saying that, and in spite of the shizzlety play, it doesn't appear that there are any locker room issues.  Which is a good thing, because no matter who the corch is next year, we are getting most of these guys back.  Also, to his credit, Dooley is not throwing players under the bus this year like he did last.  There have still been some catty comments, but for the most part he cleaned it up.

None of which means that I am happy with where this team is, or how our D is playing, etc.  Just thought it might help to have the actual transcript.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: