VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 10:39:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT football APR...  (Read 2345 times)
Creek Walker
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:32:45 EDT »

962. Program-best.

I don't know if we've yet figured out what Butch Jones gets, but he gets something, for sure. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:36:41 EDT »

Remember when we were staring the distinct possibility of losing a bowl game due to APR dead in the face? Give Butch a raise. What he's accomplished in a short time is pretty remarkable.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:44:42 EDT »

From 909 to 962 for a roster of 85 players-- that's a LOT of improvement in one year. It's a lot harder to move the needle that much in football than it would be in basketball or other smaller sports.

Butch is obviously putting a lot of emphasis on this himself, but it also can't be overstated how important Scogin has been. He's a breath of fresh air when it comes to the interface of athletics and academics.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:03:19 EDT »

Tremendous improvement, but unfortunately last in the SEC with the overall average in football due to the Kiffin/Dooley experiments.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:15:49 EDT »

Need to bring back Fulmer's tutors. Just kidding, but the fact most of these kids just aren't interested in an education. I just wonder if it is possible for a coach to legitimately have a "no pass classes, no play" policy. In a way, I think it is miraculous that as many of these kids stay eligible that do. I am sure the athletic departments of these schools "helps" them to stay eligible.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:33:12 EDT »

Just kidding, but the fact most of these kids just aren't interested in an education.

Not sure that's an entirely fair statement.  I'm sure SOME aren't interested.  But I don't think it's fair to say MOST aren't.  Just sayin'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: