VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 11:43:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA has spoken: Now what?  (Read 1100 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2022, 12:33:44 EDT »

https://www.knoxtntoday.com/ncaa-has-spoken-now-what/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 01:18:45 EDT »

Back when we had true, actual sports writers
West at the NS and Byrd at the Journal
Not the garbage corndog crap we have today!

Knew Marvin when I was but a youngster, he coached a rival LL team in Powell.
Good man

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:10:59 EDT »

It seems like we’re pretty lucky to avoid LOIC. They hosted recruits during what was supposed to be a dead period. Presumably they took these recruits through Neyland-Thompson. To claim that the AD had no idea what was going on right outside his office door beggars belief. Maybe this is why they were so quick to boot Fulmer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 03:49:00 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 05:24:54 EDT »

It seems like we’re pretty lucky to avoid LOIC. They hosted recruits during what was supposed to be a dead period. Presumably they took these recruits through Neyland-Thompson. To claim that the AD had no idea what was going on right outside his office door beggars belief. Maybe this is why they were so quick to boot Fulmer.

How 18 L1 infractions isn't LOIC boggles the mind.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take it.  But how is that not LOIC????
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 05:36:57 EDT »

How 18 L1 infractions isn't LOIC boggles the mind.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take it.  But how is that not LOIC????
I think the quick and decisive actions by the Chancellor and President saved us
While I think the press conference was extremely over the top and not helpful in the big picture every other action seemed spot on
While he was allowed to publicly "retire" they fired the person who did not provide the proper oversight as well as all the named offenders in the ILLEGAL activities as well as working WITH the NCAA applicable organizations
If you don't doubt he was fired, go back and watch his face as Fulmer read his "retirement" speech

At the end of the day I think the scholly reductions will be accepted and all the named coaches will receive show cause letters, Pruitt most likely 5 years and the assistants/staff 3-5 years (those that LIED get the higher penalty = see Pearl)
To me the interesting person is how does Casey get treated by the NCAA, she was in it up to her eyeballs but not a direct employee

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 12:00:55 EDT »

I think the quick and decisive actions by the Chancellor and President saved us
While I think the press conference was extremely over the top and not helpful in the big picture every other action seemed spot on
While he was allowed to publicly "retire" they fired the person who did not provide the proper oversight as well as all the named offenders in the ILLEGAL activities as well as working WITH the NCAA applicable organizations
If you don't doubt he was fired, go back and watch his face as Fulmer read his "retirement" speech

At the end of the day I think the scholly reductions will be accepted and all the named coaches will receive show cause letters, Pruitt most likely 5 years and the assistants/staff 3-5 years (those that LIED get the higher penalty = see Pearl)
To me the interesting person is how does Casey get treated by the NCAA, she was in it up to her eyeballs but not a direct employee

Fulmer is making $37.5k per month through the end of 2023. He should've been fired for cause right along with Pruitt.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 04:38:53 EDT »

Fulmer is making $37.5k per month through the end of 2023. He should've been fired for cause right along with Pruitt.

100% truth....And yes he was fired again....For some reason they let it look like a resigning. But remember....his fat ass loves UT. Yeah right, he loves the money.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 05:22:03 EDT »

100% truth....And yes he was fired again....For some reason they let it look like a resigning. But remember....his fat ass loves UT. Yeah right, he loves the money.

I have fond memories of the '90s. I always will. But Fulmer has always been about Fulmer. ALWAYS. It's sad that some UT fans still see him as some sort of godlike figure on campus.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 10:15:36 EDT »

My thoughts on Fulmer. Too harsh?

https://benwgarrett.substack.com/p/tennessees-phillip-fulmer-shouldve
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 10:36:30 EDT »

I tend to agree with your assessment
I can see why they allowed him to retire, but it should not have been a paid retirement which is what I believe was the miscarriage of justice the day of the news conference

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 04:48:47 EDT »

No.....And spot damn on.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 04:40:31 EDT »

well...it
's all relative.  I don't think he should be drawing 37K a month, but at least that's chump change compared to the 2.1M a year Butch Jones was pulling while extending the middle finger to the entire state of Tennessee while polishing Saban's nob car.  It's also a much shorter payout timeframe.

Anyway, glad it will end this Dec.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: