VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:29:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uh Oh guys. Yahoo article involving a former and current UT player  (Read 11433 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 04:35:57 EDT »

Same here. I don't expect UT to be treated differently by the NCAA than any other program, but I wish our administration and coaches would hold themselves to a higher standard and dismiss Couch from the team.
well, we have heard one side of the story, let the investigation occur before throwing him under the bus

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 04:53:40 EDT »

Same here. I don't expect UT to be treated differently by the NCAA than any other program, but I wish our administration and coaches would hold themselves to a higher standard and dismiss Couch from the team.

I just don't see that happening. I think Butch really does care for his players and I think he'll use this as a tool to teach with. As someone else said, you can't be with them 24/7. Plus, How the heck does Bama get away with photos of Richardson driving an Escalade?
Creek Walker
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 04:59:15 EDT »

I just don't see that happening. I think Butch really does care for his players and I think he'll use this as a tool to teach with. As someone else said, you can't be with them 24/7. Plus, How the heck does Bama get away with photos of Richardson driving an Escalade?

The fact that the coach can't be with the players 24/7 is exactly why the players should be held to a higher standard. I can sympathize with someone who makes a foolish mistake, but as Dan Wetzel wrote yesterday, this stuff is out of control. It isn't going to improve until players start to be held accountable. I'm sure Butch does care for his players...all the more reason to hold Couch's feet to the fire, IMO. Through his actions he jeopardized his teammates and the program. What if it had been a booster instead of an agent offering him money?
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:46 EDT »

Here here!!!  I heard someone say to let the investigation run its course before we throw him under the bus....Have you seen the extreme detail in the report?  He is completely and undoubtedly guilty.  There are western union transfers directly to him.  He has jeopardized our program....he has violated rules that he clearly knew were violations....he has given us a black eye.....he does not deserve to be on the team and if we keep him then we have compromised our principles and are no better than the stinking bammars.  We are better than that.  CBJ needs to send a message that this will not be tolerated.  I dont care if he is a good guy, he screwed up and hurt our program....a program that he knew was already on probation.  Selfish, stupid act for a few hundred bucks.  JMHO

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 08:17:13 EDT »

More to it than that.  The latest I heard, straight from a bammer alum, is that Richards "baby mama" and mama were "house sitting" in Birmingham and a couple other places for a quite a bit of his stay at the Crapstone.  This is apparently a well known thing.  Likely the owners that needed "house sitting" were bammer alumni or boosters, almost for sure.  Whether anything comes of it, Richardson seems to have gotten as much or more than Reggie Bush.  I suppose what's missing is a disgruntled agent that got screwed over and decided to rat.   Of course, although so far as I know, no agent was involved in Richardson's case, the legislature passed a law after the Langham fiasco saying that any agent who paid bammer players was subject to prosecution.  Yeah they take football too seriously down here.... ....but whoever paid the bammer player might be doing jail time.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:46 EDT »

well, we have heard one side of the story, let the investigation occur before throwing him under the bus
Im surely not jumping to conclusions OJ, but even you have to admit that this doesn't look good at first glance....

BTW, have you heard from Pete lately?

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: