VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 10:11:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SECT scenarios...  (Read 2534 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:57:30 EST »

Do you guys realize that if we win out, and UF loses out (they close at Vandy and home vs UK, so this is very possible) we win the tiebreaker for the #2 seed?

I still contend that we need a first round game, so I don't want a top 4 seed.  But for CCM to take this team to second place in the league would be a huge accomplishment, and should put him in contention for SEC COY.

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/02/one-week-to-go-heres-how-the-tourney-bracket-would-look/

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:16:18 EST »

Do you guys realize that if we win out, and UF loses out (they close at Vandy and home vs UK, so this is very possible) we win the tiebreaker for the #2 seed?

I still contend that we need a first round game, so I don't want a top 4 seed.  But for CCM to take this team to second place in the league would be a huge accomplishment, and should put him in contention for SEC COY.

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/02/one-week-to-go-heres-how-the-tourney-bracket-would-look/

Just read the link wow! I can't believe we are even discussing this after late Dec and early Jan. I have no doubt CCM now will recruit (no Ncaa hanging around and he has created a nice buzz) and was a very good hire. I am excited for CCM and the program.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:52:40 EST »

Will a top 4 finish in the reg season help us any with the selection committee? We still have a tough hurdle to get over the next two games so it may all be a moot point.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:43 EST »

See here's the thing......if we win out, we can get a first round bye.

If we don't, we get a first round game...but that means we lost a game.

I'd rather win out and get a first round bye. The committee considers your record in the last month more strongly than your early record.

The entry of Stokes is also a variable.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:17 EST »

Will a top 4 finish in the reg season help us any with the selection committee? We still have a tough hurdle to get over the next two games so it may all be a moot point.

I think short of winning the SECT, we're iffy, even if we win out and go to the SECT final. If we do that we're definitely a bubble team, but the SEC isn't strong this year. We don't have a lot of wiggle room.... need to win.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:00 EST »

See here's the thing......if we win out, we can get a first round bye.

If we don't, we get a first round game...but that means we lost a game.

I'd rather win out and get a first round bye. The committee considers your record in the last month more strongly than your early record.

The entry of Stokes is also a variable.

We don't necessarily get a bye if we win out. We could finish as high as 2nd and as low as 6th, depending on what else happens.  A 5 or 6 seed gives us a relatively easy 1st round game, and a winnable 2nd rounder.  A 2 or 3 wouldn't be too bad- we'd miss out on the first round game, but we'd land on the other side of the bracket from UK, so we could still win 2.  What we don't want is a 4- in that case, we're probably playing a 5, likely Bama, in our first game, and UK in the next.  Those are the two teams I most don't want to see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: