VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 11:44:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious upgrade for Dawgs at OC, IMO  (Read 4334 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 08, 2015, 03:54:26 EST »

Bobo out, Schottenheimer in? If I'm a UGA fan, I'll take that any day of the week.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:18 EST »

Coming from the NFL and a Jeff Fisher scheme of 17 - 14 type games....I don't know.  Where else did he coach before the Rams?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:33 EST »

He was also the OC with the Jets

Total offense rankings while he has been OC

2014: 28th
 2013: 30th
 2012: 23rd
 2011: 25th
 2010: 11th
 2009: 20th
 2008: 16th
 2007: 26th
 2006: 25th
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:58:26 EST »

Yeah, I'm not sure Schottenheimer is an upgrade at all. In name, perhaps-- it may solidify their offensive recruiting-- but nothing he's done in his career is very impressive. I know he's been employed in the NFL for awhile but that alone doesn't make him a good hire.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:15 EST »

Other than be a pro coach, what has he done? His Daddy's name has got him numerous jobs, but he does not instill that "WOW, what a hire!!" response IMO.  He may be the best thing since sliced bread.  I guess I am just underwhelmed by the hire. He better be a great QB coach.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:19 EST »

Big differences between NFL and college for someone who has never done college before.  Matt Stinchcomb discussed extensively yesterday and said he thought it was going to be a challenge for Shottenheimer.

Uga fans have been whining about both Richt and Bobo for years.  Richt did have a couple brain farts this year, but whatever his issues in the past, Uga fans should have few complaints about their offense the last two years.  It was one of the best in the SEC, period, dot.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:36:46 EST »

Bobo was not a very good SEC-level offensive coordinator. Schottenheimer has been teaching the offense Georgia wants to run at the next level for eight years. That's a big plus.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 10:40:12 EST »

Bobo was not a very good SEC-level offensive coordinator.

Right.  They were no. 8 in the country in scoring offense this year with a QB who wasn't that great.  The ability of football fans to just completely ignore facts altogether never ceases to astound me.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 11:31:54 EST »

Right.  They were no. 8 in the country in scoring offense this year with a QB who wasn't that great.  The ability of football fans to just completely ignore facts altogether never ceases to astound me.   

I would agree.....UGA scored a lot of points most of the time.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 03:46:34 EST »

It shouldn't. You do plenty of it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 04:16:15 EST »

It shouldn't. You do plenty of it.

No I'm more of a stick to the facts and avoid subjective opinions guy.  But football fans are very opinionated and very subjective, so...

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 01:50:28 EST »

No I'm more of a stick to the facts and avoid subjective opinions guy.  But football fans are very opinionated and very subjective, so...

Oh I know...you're as rational as the day is long - especially when the subject of Alabama football comes up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: