VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 08:34:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here come the black unis…  (Read 1692 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2021, 06:48:51 EDT »

https://twitter.com/vol_football/status/1445783406978080779?s=21

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:01:04 EDT »

I’ll have to see them in a still photo without that stupid strobe lighting, but at first glance I think they’re ok. Should’ve gone with a matching black helmet, but they’re far better than those candy corn monstrosities we wore in 2009.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 07:12:23 EDT »

You are right. The white helmet just doesn't look right with these uni's. Black helmet would be better.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:57 EDT »

Supposedly black helmets were intended but supply chain problems forced them to go this route.

I like them fine.  Just win, baby.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 09:19:41 EDT »

I like them fine, but I hope it is for Ol Miss 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 09:54:30 EDT »

If this is the way of things, then I expect nothing less than an inspired effort. "Inspired effort" means a win.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 10:26:17 EDT »

If this is the way of things, then I expect nothing less than an inspired effort. "Inspired effort" means a win.

Right, you better not go through all this window dressing then lay an egg on the field!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 12:15:38 EDT »

I've posted several times over the years...we can wear pink tutu's for all I care so long as we win...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 12:59:08 EDT »

Supposedly black helmets were intended but supply chain problems forced them to go this route.

I like them fine.  Just win, baby.   

I thought most teams handled helmet colors internally, but maybe that's just the logo and/or numbers.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 01:10:42 EDT »

I thought most teams handled helmet colors internally, but maybe that's just the logo and/or numbers.
The managers tape the numbers, the T and any decals onto the white helmets

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 04:02:22 EDT »

I'm wondering if a noon kick-off is the best time to wear all black.

It's supposed to be 73 at kick-off with a high of 81. Does anyone take these things into consideration?
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2021, 04:26:08 EDT »

It's supposed to be 73 at kick-off with a high of 81. Does anyone take these things into consideration?

setting up to be Titans @ Jets imo. They have a purty good front 7.  We really need this one. Hope the ill timed gimmick works. Rather it be against ol miss or uk.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 04:40:35 EDT »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUtFlU6LU2A/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

I noticed in the player reaction video that the hel,et has black outlines on the stripes and 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 05:03:44 EDT »

If the boys like it, I do too 
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 02:10:19 EDT »

I think a lot of times we're guilty of over-analyzing things as fans...but I wondered the same thing. I know there's a social media push for fans to wear black as well. If I were going to the game (I'm not), I wouldn't wear a black t-shirt for a noon start on an 80° day.

I don't love the black. I don't hate it, either. But if they're gonna wear it, I'm not sure why not save it for the Ole Miss game at night...unless we don't want to wear black against Kiffin since he was the first to introduce the black.

Also, I gotta admit the way Kiffin pulled out the black jerseys was pretty awesome. Warm up in the traditional orange, then switch to the black and catch everyone off guard. Obviously we have fond memories of that game because we spanked a really good Spurrier-coached South Carolina team but the crowd was extra juiced because of the surprise of the black jerseys. Wouldn't have been a bad idea to try to replicate that atmosphere against Ole Miss, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 02:12:11 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 02:35:17 EDT »

I think a lot of times we're guilty of over-analyzing things as fans...but I wondered the same thing. I know there's a social media push for fans to wear black as well. If I were going to the game (I'm not), I wouldn't wear a black t-shirt for a noon start on an 80° day.

I don't love the black. I don't hate it, either. But if they're gonna wear it, I'm not sure why not save it for the Ole Miss game at night...unless we don't want to wear black against Kiffin since he was the first to introduce the black.

Also, I gotta admit the way Kiffin pulled out the black jerseys was pretty awesome. Warm up in the traditional orange, then switch to the black and catch everyone off guard. Obviously we have fond memories of that game because we spanked a really good Spurrier-coached South Carolina team but the crowd was extra juiced because of the surprise of the black jerseys. Wouldn't have been a bad idea to try to replicate that atmosphere against Ole Miss, IMO.
the verdict is in, the wife said they are sharp

BTW, Per others they rolled them out because they are hosting a lot of recruits this weekend

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: