VTTW Board Index
May 26, 2024, 05:50:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We have a good basketball team  (Read 3003 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:22:08 EST »

It would not surprise me to see this team in the big dance this year. From what I have seen, they play hard, are well coached and they don't quit - oh, and there's some talent on the team as well. I had low expectations, but this team will be much much better than what I expected. I know they are 2-2, but they just balled out with #6 and #8 and gave them all they wanted.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:25:19 EST »

I think if things fall right they could have a shot at the tourney. I have been pleasantly surprised with the way this team has competed, rebounded, and defended so far.

The one thing we are missing is the guy who can create his own shot consistently every time he touches the ball, but we've missed that ever since Lofton. I like the way Martin is building things so far.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 04:27:13 EST »

It would not surprise me to see this team in the big dance this year. From what I have seen, they play hard, are well coached and they don't quit - oh, and there's some talent on the team as well. I had low expectations, but this team will be much much better than what I expected. I know they are 2-2, but they just balled out with #6 and #8 and gave them all they wanted.

I think this team will win 17-18 and probably go to the NIT

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:28:22 EST »

I think this team will win 17-18 and probably go to the NIT

Depends who we beat. We have a chance to beat some good teams, we play them.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:34:39 EST »

I think if things fall right they could have a shot at the tourney. I have been pleasantly surprised with the way this team has competed, rebounded, and defended so far.

The one thing we are missing is the guy who can create his own shot consistently every time he touches the ball, but we've missed that ever since Lofton. I like the way Martin is building things so far.

Yeah, I am hoping that eventually McRae can be that guy, right now he seems to be playing like JP Prince early in his career - great athletic ability, but doesn't always make great decisions in game. I do think guys have really improved under CCM, and I like the freshmen.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:39:19 EST »

Yeah, I am hoping that eventually McRae can be that guy, right now he seems to be playing like JP Prince early in his career - great athletic ability, but doesn't always make great decisions in game. I do think guys have really improved under CCM, and I like the freshmen.

I think McRae is that guy in the future... he's only a soph after all. I'm really encouraged by the play of our post guys. Maymon looks like a completely different player.

Just like football basketball is won with defense and controlling possession (rebounding and turnovers). I'm impressed by those two aspects from what I've seen. Our guys still have a little bit of the old "dumb shot" habit which was the only thing that really drove me crazy about Pearl teams... hopefully that will be weeded out.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:50 EST »

I think Pitt is a winnable game considering they lost at home by 10 at home to Long Beach State. That'd be a good win I think we can manage a few SEC east wins. NIT is likely but maybe we can sneak in.

GO VOLS!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: