VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 12:33:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm going to change my stance on this DC thing  (Read 2106 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:05:36 EST »

BDV's post got me to thinking about it. I really don't care who they hire. Hire Steele, Shannon, Spangler, promote Thompson... It doesn't matter to me. This is a sink or swim decision for Dooley, so it's on him to make the best hire that will put him in a position to win games. I know that many people here want to fight the good fight and back the coach to the bitter end and I applaud that, but the Kentucky loss + obvious attitude problems on the team + coaching instability + a new AD that obviously isn't going to deal with losing from someone that isn't his guy + empty seats, it's pretty stark, simple, and plain... he can hire who he wants to replace Wilcox but if he doesn't show some major improvement next year, UT will move on.

So, while I will continue to follow the DC search with the same high interest I follow other UT stuff, I'm not going to get too high or too low no matter who they hire. The proof will be in the proverbial pudding.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:17:08 EST »

I guess I feel a kinship with our newest conference member, because right now, I'm from Missouri.  I'm in "show me" mode.  I don't care about splashy hires, funny press conferences, or catchy slogans on t-shirts ("unfinished business", "all your might", or "carry the fight", anyone?) I don't want to see how the sausage is made, I'm only interested in the bottom line.  9 wins.  Period.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:21:43 EST »

I think I even feel the same way about the recruiting class. I'm just not going to look at a class and base anything on that. Prove it on the field. I'm with you... 9 wins.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:32 EST »

You boys are setting your sights too low. Atlanta or else.
10EC
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:44:03 EST »

You boys are setting your sights too low. Atlanta or else.

Honestly, especially with the addition of Missouri, I think it is likely the SECE champion could easily have 3 losses and it be a tire-breaker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: