VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 07:49:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No translation required  (Read 943 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2021, 04:55:44 EDT »

https://twitter.com/lastnutstanding/status/1452091981216296965?s=20

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 02:47:10 EDT »

The reason the TD was "confirmed" was because the CORRUPT SEC office and refs said he didn't fumble till he had broken the plane of the goalline which the down the goalline replays CLEARLY showed is NOT true

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 03:36:53 EDT »

Regardless of whether they ruled that the fumble was after the ball broke the plane or not, the result of that play could not have been overturned by video review.

The rule states that there "must be a clear recovery in the immediate continuing action after the fumble to reverse the call on the field".  A Tennessee defender coming out of the scrum with the football, almost a minute after the play, doesn't constitute a clear recovery in the immediate continuing action imo.

I do believe that the top teams in the SEC are favored by officials.  It is simple economics - more teams in the NC playoff equates to more revenue for the league.  I've said it before: I'm not a conspiracy theory person, but there's too much money on the line and I think that the office and game officials are aware of it.  To that end, I would say that UGA fans need to hope that Bama loses another game - if they don't, I suspect that Bama will get the calls in the SECC game simply because a 2-loss Bama team is not likely to be included in the playoff picture (especially if Cincinnati finishes the season unbeaten).
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 04:07:34 EDT »

I ref'd hogh schoo;l level for several years (FB & BB)
It can be tough (BB was more difficult, the game is so fast, limited area and a lot of freaking timing stuff.
I preferred BB.
Big guys want to sumo wrestle?  Fine, unless there was an advantage being utilized.  Same for the ticky tac hand checking out front - you can tell if there is an advantage being gained
The one thing bug guys learned when I was on the court, leave the camping gear at home - I enforced the 3 second rule, that includes BOTH feet!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 04:29:30 EDT »

I ref'd hogh schoo;l level for several years (FB & BB)
It can be tough (BB was more difficult, the game is so fast, limited area and a lot of freaking timing stuff.
I preferred BB.
Big guys want to sumo wrestle?  Fine, unless there was an advantage being utilized.  Same for the ticky tac hand checking out front - you can tell if there is an advantage being gained
The one thing bug guys learned when I was on the court, leave the camping gear at home - I enforced the 3 second rule, that includes BOTH feet!
I coached high school basketball. I always said that I wanted no part of officiating it. I did try my hand at football officiating, but found that I didn't really want to do that either.

With football, there are a ton of folks who don't know the rules - and most of them know that they don't know. With basketball, everyone seems to think that they are experts.

Additionally, there are at least six officials on the football field but only 3 maximum in basketball - much more scrutiny. All of that in addition to the pace makes it a nightmare.

I always told my players, "When you can play a perfect game and I can coach a perfect game, we can complain about officials not being perfect."  I very rarely criticized officials because almost all bad calls are simply mistakes, imo. Usually they balance themselves out. Most officials I've known are simply doing the best job that they can do.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 04:48:15 EDT »

The video changes the fact. Regardless of the recovery, you can't award a team a touchdown that did not happen. It sounds like they screwed up the call.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 03:21:17 EDT »

I do believe that the top teams in the SEC are favored by officials.  It is simple economics - more teams in the NC playoff equates to more revenue for the league.  I've said it before: I'm not a conspiracy theory person, but there's too much money on the line and I think that the office and game officials are aware of it.  To that end, I would say that UGA fans need to hope that Bama loses another game - if they don't, I suspect that Bama will get the calls in the SECC game simply because a 2-loss Bama team is not likely to be included in the playoff picture (especially if Cincinnati finishes the season unbeaten).

I have long suspected what you are implying of the SEC & NFL. I don't care for manufactured outcomes, but I believe it happens. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: