VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 03:06:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is a perfect example of why I absolutely loathe Gary Danielson  (Read 4140 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 17, 2011, 11:26:13 EDT »

Don't like Verne, either, but that's a given. Danielson is a moron. On the illegal touching against Da'Rick, he's calling for an offensive PI because Rogers "absolutely knocked down," in his words, the UF corner. Rogers never touched him; the corner tripped. Earlier in the half, Danielson was calling for a facemask penalty against UT when it wasn't even close to being a facemask.

Why is a supposedly impartial commentator in the booth yelling for penalties like one of us fans? 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:30:19 EDT »

Also on the PI vall on UF defending Zach Rogers.  Danielson: "oh... Or did he go out of bounds?"

Wth Gary, Zach never came close to catching that ball.
Volsphan
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:17:07 EDT »

Why doesn't he just put on a GAYTORS shirt.  His comment now - oh his knee is down we were talking abotu Bobby Bowden, but his knee was down.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:25 EDT »

The need to can Verne and get rid of Danielson along with him.  Verne just totally blew or missed on several names, and game situations. 
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 02:05:57 EDT »

Vern called Hunter "Jason" Hunter while introducing the UT
offense, then a few plays later...do we now have "The curse of
Verne?"
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:16:28 EDT »

But in all honesty, I usually like Danielson.  Or maybe it's that Verne is so bad that it makes Gary look good.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 03:13:28 EDT »

I like Danielson myself.  He may have mistated a few against us but he also didn't back off saying the PI calls were for real.

(spell correctors.  Sigh).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:48:20 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:25 EDT »

I never listen to the CBS and ESPN guys. I watch the tv and listen to the Vol Network

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 09:08:57 EDT »

Don't like Verne, either, but that's a given. Danielson is a moron. On the illegal touching against Da'Rick, he's calling for an offensive PI because Rogers "absolutely knocked down," in his words, the UF corner. Rogers never touched him; the corner tripped. Earlier in the half, Danielson was calling for a facemask penalty against UT when it wasn't even close to being a facemask.

Why is a supposedly impartial commentator in the booth yelling for penalties like one of us fans? 

I like Danielson. 
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 02:41:15 EDT »

IMO Danielson's OK. He was very complimentary, for the most part, to Bray.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: