VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 10:07:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Jones on the fresman QBs and when they will play...  (Read 6539 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:40:09 EDT »

..."When we think they are ready they will play. T hey are getting better."
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:02 EDT »

It's hard to be patient when you see the turds Worley and Peterman have left on the field. But I believe Butch is thinking about more than just this week's game, and that should encourage us for the future.

I still want to see Ferguson or Dobbs take some snaps sometime. Right now we have no backups that have ever played a college snap.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:07 EDT »

That is the flip side to my post re: Worley
The kids just aren't ready yet

The sad thing is we are just a twinge away from one of them playing in a big SEC game

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:44:13 EDT »

It's hard to be patient when you see the turds Worley and Peterman have left on the field. But I believe Butch is thinking about more than just this week's game, and that should encourage us for the future.

I still want to see Ferguson or Dobbs take some snaps sometime. Right now we have no backups that have ever played a college snap.
i had hoped that the one most advanced would get a series today just to get the butterflies of just getting in a game over with.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 02:53:16 EDT »

We couldn't take that chance as they might come in and throw an interception.   

i had hoped that the one most advanced would get a series today just to get the butterflies of just getting in a game over with.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 02:56:50 EDT »

If they aren't even ready to take one snap 5 games in to their freshman years, then why in the hell did we even recruit and sign them in the first place? 

That's just not a realistic excuse from where I sit. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 03:09:31 EDT »

It doesn't make any sense, unless they are just clueless. I know Worley worked hard, and has tried to be a leader but........well AJ Suggs is better than Worley.      

If they aren't even ready to take one snap 5 games in to their freshman years, then why in the hell did we even recruit and sign them in the first place? 

That's just not a realistic excuse from where I sit. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:20 EDT »

It doesn't make any sense, unless they are just clueless. I know Worley worked hard, and has tried to be a leader but........well AJ Suggs is better than Worley.      

And Peyton Manning can't play in the NFL either.  Suggs was light years behind Worley in mechanics as well as reading a defense.  On 4 passes on Saturday the receiver ran one route that was covered and Worley threw a different route that if the WRs had ran the correct route it would have been for 6.  North had two of them.  In the third quarter North ran a 20 yard curl but if he had ran the fly that was called in the huddle (it was obvious that it was a called fly in that Worley threw the ball before North had even started the curl - and afterwards Azzani was chewing on North a little bit)  then at the start of the fourth North ran a post when another fly was called.  If North runs the fly he blows by the South Alabummer DB and scores another TD.  I know this to be a fact cause Azzani chewed on North for at least four minutes when North comes off the field.  It was evident in that Azzani getting into North's face and you could see him chewing on North.  The cameras might not have shown it but Azzani was definitely doing some "TEACHING" at that moment in time. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:27:20 EDT »

Idk who all was at the game Saturday, but there were a lot of boo's directed at Worley and the offense.

Weve talked about it here before and while fans have the right to so, there were some very important recruits at the game including Barnett and Mosley.  I know one thing, if we ever start paying players  I'll never question fans who boo again.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 03:40:59 EDT »

Of course Manning can play in the NFL, but the Broncos would have been better with Tebow.      

I saw some stuff that let me know that the qb and wrs are not on the same page. That may be why Worley waits so long to throw, but IDK. It is obvious there is more than one issue on offense. The wrs don't block, rbs leave too many yards on the field, o-line missing assignments, qb's inaccurate, etc. This offense may be worse than the clawfence experiment. I will be shocked if it clicks at all this year because of all the errors.

And Peyton Manning can't play in the NFL either.  Suggs was light years behind Worley in mechanics as well as reading a defense.  On 4 passes on Saturday the receiver ran one route that was covered and Worley threw a different route that if the WRs had ran the correct route it would have been for 6.  North had two of them.  In the third quarter North ran a 20 yard curl but if he had ran the fly that was called in the huddle (it was obvious that it was a called fly in that Worley threw the ball before North had even started the curl - and afterwards Azzani was chewing on North a little bit)  then at the start of the fourth North ran a post when another fly was called.  If North runs the fly he blows by the South Alabummer DB and scores another TD.  I know this to be a fact cause Azzani chewed on North for at least four minutes when North comes off the field.  It was evident in that Azzani getting into North's face and you could see him chewing on North.  The cameras might not have shown it but Azzani was definitely doing some "TEACHING" at that moment in time. 

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 05:14:26 EDT »

I have told some of my buddies that while Worley is not a great QB...not everything is his fault.  I think some of it is that receivers aren't running the right routes. 

AGree on the FR QB's.  When we were up 31 - 7, we should have giving them a series.  Once it got to be 31 - 24 and Worley was a wreck, we couldn't afford the potential FR QB mistake.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 06:21:17 EDT »

Everybody and his brother has hammered on Worley, he deserves some of the blame but its not all his fault. Two of the three INT's were the fault of the receivers because of either runnign the wrong route aor not following through on the route. At times Worley three the ball on time, in rythmn, with accuracy and authority. At other times it was very poor and we've seen plenty of that.
Butch knows what he is doing. He's trying to put the best product on the field that he can in order to not only win but get Team 117 bowl eligible. That's the goal and it should be, and that is something that Tennessee football needs. I do not think that we are going to see Ferguson or Dobbs play this year. The only way I think we will is if Tennessee is eliminated from bowl contention. If that happens I'd burn both redshirts and let them fight it out on the field. Fulmer did this when Colquitt went down and it was apparent that Todd Helton could not get the job done. "One will seperate himself from the other" was his words to the media.
So, Butch can either play it out with Worley or play both freshman and let one seperate himself from the other. Either way, he has my support. Doesn't matter what I think or anybody else thinks, but it does make for good internet chatter.
GO VOLS!!! GO TEAM 117!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 08:14:26 EDT »

Everybody and his brother has hammered on Worley, he deserves some of the blame but its not all his fault. Two of the three INT's were the fault of the receivers because of either runnign the wrong route aor not following through on the route. At times Worley three the ball on time, in rythmn, with accuracy and authority. At other times it was very poor and we've seen plenty of that.
Butch knows what he is doing. He's trying to put the best product on the field that he can in order to not only win but get Team 117 bowl eligible. That's the goal and it should be, and that is something that Tennessee football needs. I do not think that we are going to see Ferguson or Dobbs play this year. The only way I think we will is if Tennessee is eliminated from bowl contention. If that happens I'd burn both redshirts and let them fight it out on the field. Fulmer did this when Colquitt went down and it was apparent that Todd Helton could not get the job done. "One will seperate himself from the other" was his words to the media.
So, Butch can either play it out with Worley or play both freshman and let one seperate himself from the other. Either way, he has my support. Doesn't matter what I think or anybody else thinks, but it does make for good internet chatter.
GO VOLS!!! GO TEAM 117!

While he may not have been likely to get the job done, at the time Coach Fulmer said that he and Todd Helton had a frank discussion that baseball obviously was his future, and it was not worth the risk to play football at that point.  On Worley, I agree somewhat that some of the issues have been with the receivers, but even Coach Jones has said Worley was at fault ("should have thrown it away") when the commentators and many fans were blaming the receiver.  As fans, we often know just enough to be dangerous.  Worley is not an SEC caliber quarterback IMO and his mechanics are atrocious at times, as noted during the broadcast on Saturday.  Perhaps that will change, but I am not going to hold my breath.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 02:00:11 EDT »

GO VOLS!!! GO TEAM 117!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 03:29:51 EDT »

I saw if your going to start one of our freshman do it against this defense we face this weekend. I'm not saying it changes the outcome hut might as well get it at home with the crowd behind you than in the swamp lol.

GO VOLS!!!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:58:46 EDT »

I saw if your going to start one of our freshman do it against this defense we face this weekend. I'm not saying it changes the outcome hut might as well get it at home with the crowd behind you than in the swamp lol.

GO VOLS!!!   

Why start?   

They will have ample opportunity to come off the bench I think..although I hope we can give uga a game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 12:21:03 EDT »

Well starting gives them a more of a chance in my opinion instead if digging us out a hole being thrown to the wolves in a sense.

GO VOLS!!!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: