VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 01:59:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of stupid questions...  (Read 6542 times)
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:12:54 EDT »

Does anyone find the Rob Lowe Direct TV ads funny?  If you have another provider, would these ads convince you to switch?

I HATE the ads myself.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 09:20:53 EDT »

They wouldn't convince me to switch, but they wouldn't cause me to rule out DTV, either.  Which is more than I can say for Charter's current ads.  In my own personal hell, this is running on a loop:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rA6GLHTdcVo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rA6GLHTdcVo</a>

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:44:17 EDT »

I must confess, that Charter ad is so horrific, that I am compelled to watch it every time it comes on. I can't help it.

The Rob Lowe ads aren't particularly funny, but they don't bother me that much. Or, any more than any other ad does. I hardly switch to or buy anything because of the ads. Probably because I don't watch them. I'm a obsessive channel changer.

Except for that danged Charter ad. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:05:21 EDT »

I must confess, that Charter ad is so horrific, that I am compelled to watch it every time it comes on. I can't help it.

The Rob Lowe ads aren't particularly funny, but they don't bother me that much. Or, any more than any other ad does. I hardly switch to or buy anything because of the ads. Probably because I don't watch them. I'm a obsessive channel changer.

What really sucks is that Charter isn't even available here in TN.  Those ads are targeted at people living right over the state line in GA.  So the vast majority of this TV market is constantly subjected to these horrible ads for a product that we couldn't get even if we wanted to. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 10:42:55 EDT »

What really sucks is that Charter isn't even available here in TN.  Those ads are targeted at people living right over the state line in GA.  So the vast majority of this TV market is constantly subjected to these horrible ads for a product that we couldn't get even if we wanted to. 

I've got Charter here in West Tn.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:47:47 EDT »

Must be that girl shaking her 'chest muscles' at the beginning of the commercial that keeps you watching it. I'd say Charter succeeded with that move. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:18:58 EDT »

I find them a little creepy, but they aren't any worse than many of the spots that air on TV on a regular basis. 

I'm a happy Dish Network customer, but if I were going to switch for some reason I would go to Direct because I will never ever go back to Comcast, who is the devil. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 03:09:39 EDT »

I find them a little creepy, but they aren't any worse than many of the spots that air on TV on a regular basis. 

I'm a happy Dish Network customer, but if I were going to switch for some reason I would go to Direct because I will never ever go back to Comcast, who is the devil. 

U.

Verse.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 04:05:29 EDT »

U.

Verse.

I switched to that a little over a year ago and I've been pleased.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 05:03:12 EDT »

I hate U-Verse because more than likely whenever they connect people in the neiborhood, they will disconnect my AT&T landline at the neighborhood junction box. It seems that AT&T and U-Verse do not talk to one another and the wiring diagrams that each have are not the same or current. When I get disconnected, I have the phone number of the AT&T repairman so I call him and get reconnected.

All you people that hate on Comcast, I have not had any problems with them. Calling customer service is like talking to a 3rd World country, but once I get connected to a supervisor, I get any problem corrected. There is TV service that has a local customer service in town. Every one is out-of-state. You can thank all the people demanding cheap service over customer service for that.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 05:39:30 EDT »

I have Charter in Lebanon.

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 06:17:31 EDT »

All of you guys who gripe about cable should have to rely on a rural telephone cooperative for broadband. That'll change your mind.  We recently upgraded to fiber and "joined the modern world..." with our 5mbps service that we pay $60-$70 a month for. Comcast offers basic TV up here but their network is too outdated for broadband or HDTV. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:21 EDT »

U.

Verse.

Not an option in beautiful downtown Pal at this point. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 11:25:55 EDT »

I liked the Rob Lowe ads at first, but then they got old. When a new one comes out, I enjoy it the first time and then really don't want to see it again.

The thing is, the background music they play on those ads was oddly familiar, and then I happened to watch St. Elmo's Fire a couple weeks ago for literally the first time in like over 20 years.

Yep, it's the theme to St. Elmo's fire.  I wonder if that's a subliminal play on people of my age, because Holy 80s Flashback, I had completely forgotten that film but it really was one of the bellweather films of the 80s.  It was basically about the 80s. 

The thing I mostly hate about those ads is I can't get that dam song out of my head now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 04:16:09 EDT »

You didn't ask, but the ad I hate the most are the two idiots sitting in a car at Sonic. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 06:40:33 EDT »

All I know is I've been watching basketball all weekend.  Now it's Monday, and I STILL have "Try A Little Tenderness" stuck in my head.  Thanks, McDonald's.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: