VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 11:00:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derek Dooley says  (Read 6453 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:02:51 EDT »

John Adams ‏@johnadamskns
Derek Dooley says the rest of the SEC won't have Tennessee to kick around any longer. He says this will be his best team yet.

Attaboy coach... now just show me.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:08:33 EDT »

"For the first time we have a full roster. A full 85 guys. We are deeper than we have ever been."

"It's been a tough 4 years at UT. The SEC has enjoyed taking advantage
of that. You're not going to have UT to kick around anymore."
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:14:11 EDT »

Basilio calls him "a different Derek Dooley" today than in the past. "Never heard him this serious and confident and poised."

I want to believe. All they have to do is show me. Give me a solid comfortable win over NC State and I'll get the kool-aid pitcher back out of the cabinet. Beat Florida and I'll start mainlining that shizzle.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:19:17 EDT »

I get the feeling Dooley knows he has more bullets in the chamber this year and he can't wait to use them.

Starting to feel sorry for NC state. I can see Dooley's going to try to make a statement in that game.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 05:25:36 EDT »

I get the feeling Dooley knows he has more bullets in the chamber this year and he can't wait to use them.

Starting to feel sorry for NC state. I can see Dooley's going to try to make a statement in that game.

Of course I just want them to get out of there with a win but the best case scenario is that they really pound NC State. I could really see the team's confidence taking off if that happens.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:15 EDT »

I was logging on to post that quote. I'm still not a believer, but that got me fired up. Big time. I like a little swagger every now and then.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 05:40:21 EDT »

Also liked this: "I'm not here to sell. It's like that old song, 'A Little Less Conversation, A Little Less Action.' That's about where we are. Selling ain't going to do me any good. We've got to go out and win."
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:39 EDT »

Anybody have a wall I can run through?  

It'll have to be really thin. Like, paper thin. With a mattress to fall into on the other side.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:00:04 EDT »

Anybody have a wall I can run through?  

It'll have to be really thin. Like, paper thin. With a mattress to fall into on the other side.

Thats a good one Clocky.   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 06:02:29 EDT »

Also liked this: "I'm not here to sell. It's like that old song, 'A Little Less Conversation, A Little Less Action.' That's about where we are. Selling ain't going to do me any good. We've got to go out and win."

Dooley has never minced words or lied about what he thought the team could accomplish. Therefore I take him at his word about not being pushed around anymore. I don't expect to be pushed around any this year.  Doesn't mean we have to win them all but we dang well better butt heads for a full 4 quarters every game.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 07:06:13 EDT »

I might as well go ahead and jump on in the orange koolaid.  Why not?  It's not like our hopes and dreams haven't been crushed repeatedly lately.  I get the sense that I have thicker skin as a fan.  It can't get much worse than it has lately.  Well, technically it COULD but let's be real.. we're not going to drop to Vandy's level.. we are Tennessee.  But if we have more disappointment this year?  Well, it sux but it's more of the same and we've been there.  If we win, awesome.

Of course, this is easy for me to say over a month out from opening kickoff and sitting in my office at work.  What tends to happen with me is when I go to games, that's when I really start investing emotionally.  When "friends" I know who are Bama/UF fans start talking trash, that's when I get really invested.  I let my hopes get up to think "this is the year we shut them up!"  Then when we get destroyed I come down off that extreme high.

Ever since the 2001 SECC loss to LSU, there have been several points during various seasons I've said to myself "I'm done getting so into this, look at what it does to me".  But that never lasts.  It's beyond my control.   
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 07:16:25 EDT »

I like the boldness. I'd be sick to hear him trying to temper everyone's expectations again.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:10 EDT »

I like the boldness. I'd be sick to hear him trying to temper everyone's expectations again.

He has always been truthful. So, if he is now that confident, it makes me feel confident. That type of confidence also rolls downhill to the other coaches and players.

101stDad
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 10:53:30 EDT »

As they say, talk is cheap.  I hope this isn't just something to try and pump his team up, because that generally doesn't go very far. 

As Al Davis used to say, Just Win, Baby!  Then things will take care of themselves. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 02:16:49 EDT »

Spoken like a guy with nothing to lose.  He knows what he has to do to keep his job, so there's no point in poormouthing or tempering expectations.  Maybe the team will follow his lead.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:12:53 EDT »

"For the first time we have a full roster. A full 85 guys. We are deeper than we have ever been."

"It's been a tough 4 years at UT. The SEC has enjoyed taking advantage
of that. You're not going to have UT to kick around anymore."

I like the attitude.  Also, I didn't know we were up to full roster.  Maybe this is why we only signed 21-22 this spring?   Or did he give some schollies to walk-ons? 

Don't know, and don't care, just glad we got back to a full roster finally.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: