VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 08:47:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the name Tyrone Harper mean anything to some of you?  (Read 2665 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:44:56 EDT »

I met him today.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:55:36 EDT »

Basketball player during the 80's?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:28:27 EDT »

Yep. Played for the vol hoops team in early 80s

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 05:59:15 EDT »

He looks like he could still play. He is working on some kind of training deal with my trainer and came in about halfway through our workout to talk to the trainer. Afterwards when I was gathering up my stuff I asked him who he was and we started talking about Dale Ellis and Dyron Nix. He said Ellis was the best player he ever played with and Nix was a crybaby.

He said that he was recruited out of Glencliff to play for Vandy but his senior year in HS he watched Vandy's coach bench Charles Davis in a key game and lose and decided that he didn't want to play for a coach like that. The implication was that the Vandy coach benched only his black players. He was a little sketchy on the details.

He had a decent pro career overseas. Anyway he was a nice and personable guy.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: