VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 06:49:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: With UGA's injuries, the SEC East is suddenly wide open  (Read 7736 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:17:28 EDT »

Who would've thought coming into the season that Missouri might control their own destiny in the East in mid October?!?

Unfortunately at this point, we've got to beat one of South Carolina, Auburn or Missouri to be bowl eligible. That's a tall order. I lump in USCe with the others because I don't really consider them any better than Mizzou or Auburn at this point.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:54 EDT »

After the injuries we have suffered the last few years, uga gets no sympathy from me.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:31:57 EDT »

After the injuries we have suffered the last few years, uga gets no sympathy from me.

I never have sympathy for Georgia. Their fan base is too flippin' arrogant to sympathize win.

As for Mizzou, who would've thought that a team that forever struggled to be relevant in the Big 12 could make the transition to the SEC and become a major player this quickly? 
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:46:21 EDT »

To me it is a matter of luck.  Missori was like the walking wounded last year.  This year, the SEC is down a little, and they open with 4 non-conference no names and then get Vandy who is not good and UGA coming off of losing their top 2 RB's and 2 WR"S.  Not to take it away from them, they went to Athens and won, but still alot of games to still be played.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:36 EDT »

To me it is a matter of luck.  Missori was like the walking wounded last year.  This year, the SEC is down a little, and they open with 4 non-conference no names and then get Vandy who is not good and UGA coming off of losing their top 2 RB's and 2 WR"S.  Not to take it away from them, they went to Athens and won, but still alot of games to still be played.

I don't disagree with that, but I also think Missouri is pretty good. I don't see Tennessee going in there and getting a win at this point. Hopefully the Vols will change my mind next Saturday.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 11:59:29 EDT »

Also Kentucky is playing good ball. That won't be a guaranteed win for this team.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 12:21:45 EDT »

And now they're saying Mizzou's Franklin is probably out for the season.  So that can't hurt our chances.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:31 EDT »

And now they're saying Mizzou's Franklin is probably out for the season.  So that can't hurt our chances.

Except for the fact that the guy who is now playing QB for Mizzou damned near beat Franklin out for the starting job in fall camp.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:03:30 EDT »

Except for the fact that the guy who is now playing QB for Mizzou damned near beat Franklin out for the starting job in fall camp.  

Yeah he's pretty good...but Franklin is still better, and as a senior much more experienced.  I guess we'll see how well Mauck (sp?) does.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: