VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:45:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who thought we would be looking forward to BBall when football started?  (Read 3295 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:59:39 EST »

On a team befeft of talent and depth losing Hunter and then Bray was too much to overcome. With Bray we stay in the game a little longer last night, we maybe even beat uga...........but it was not to be. 

My biggest disappointment this season is not in the losses themselves but in the consistent mental weakness this team has. The only thing we are consistent at is playing from behind. We never play with a lead, against an SEC team. We make more mistakes than anyone else. I hope it is just youth but I am afraid our guys may not be any good or they just are not getting better. Either way its a lose lose situation for us.       

I am going to try really hard not to get my hopes up at all next year. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:24:58 EST »

Is it just me or did we seem more prepared and more focused last year?
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:27:06 EST »

I think the diff in last year and this year is injuries..period.   The youth was an issue both last and this year, but the injuries (and dismissal) we had were the worst we could have had.   I just think Dooley and crew did the best they could with what they had.  I'm afraid we lose next week too unless Bray is back, then we might pull it out.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:16:48 EST »

Yes. Much more.

I'm hoping that it's just the extreme personnel issues we have right now giving off that appearance, and I'm willing to give Dooley & Co. the benefit of the doubt for now.

If Tennessee loses to Vandy next week (and I fully expect we will), Dooley's job is going to become very difficult in the long term, because he's going to lose a good portion of the fan base. Fair or unfair, that's just the way it is...
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 02:43:50 EST »

Yes. Much more.

I'm hoping that it's just the extreme personnel issues we have right now giving off that appearance, and I'm willing to give Dooley & Co. the benefit of the doubt for now.

If Tennessee loses to Vandy next week (and I fully expect we will), Dooley's job is going to become very difficult in the long term, because he's going to lose a good portion of the fan base. Fair or unfair, that's just the way it is...

AGREE 100%

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:15:20 EST »

This team has seemed to lack mental toughness all season.  It suxes.  Hope they find some for vandy.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:06 EST »

This team has seemed to lack mental toughness all season.  It suxes.  Hope they find some for vandy.
The biggest differences between this year and last:
1) injuries
2) Sr class leadership.  Last year I think the seniors willed the team to victories and would not quit.  For whatever reason the Sr leaders on this team aren't able to do the same.  We are also younger this year, which my be a contributing factor.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 02:35:02 EST »

I know injuries and youth have hurt...  I keep telling myself that's the reason, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: