VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 12:28:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This game was closer than the final score  (Read 1308 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:33 EST »

Oh wait.  No, not really.  

It SHOULD, ABSOLUTLEY SHOULD, have been closer.

1.  Why are we going for a fake FG on 4th and 13 with the score tied 0-0 and we just having sliced through their D like hot butter?  Unreal.  More on this later.

2. What is the point of going for it on 4th and short down, what, two TDs, or was it three on OUR OWN FORTY?  We did this vs. bammer down only a TD and it didn't work then either.  But to THEN give up the TD pass on the first play after?  Simply ridiculous!

3. Tackle the punt returner for chrisakes.  PERIOD.  

4.  Tackle the RB when you have him behind the LOS.  FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!  

5.  SCORE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHANCE, DAMMIT!  While being aggressive can be commendable, take points when you have them!  Arkansas has a kind of soft D.  Our staff should have noticed that.  Take the 3, and if momentum is with you and the players don't quit, you will have more opportunites at the 6 pointers.  It's called CONFIDENCE!

In short, I saw 3 easy TDs that never should have happened and at least two scoring opportunities blown. I expected us to lose by 2-3 TDs, and from what I saw, that's what SHOULD have happened.  We flat gave up.  No excuse for that.  None whatever.  This coaching staff better learn how to light  a fire under this players really quickly, or they might be gone after next year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: