VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 09:16:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently the MSU loss involved a terrible game-deciding call.  (Read 4373 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:16:49 EST »

A receiver going out of bounds and coming back on the field to make a catch: is that a reviewable call?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 02:20:19 EST »

Yep.  The Spartans pretty much got hosed on that call. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 04:47:01 EST »

It was simply karma for the way they lucked into the Michigan win. The universe does have a way of evening out injustice occasionally. Now MSU needs to go out and spoil the Ohio State season.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 01:20:17 EST »

It was simply karma for the way they lucked into the Michigan win. The universe does have a way of evening out injustice occasionally. Now MSU needs to go out and spoil the Ohio State season.

That would be awesome

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 03:53:42 EST »

who cares.  I want someone to spoil bammer's season 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 11:22:37 EST »

I caught the last two minutes of that on an ESPNU replay last night.

the "forced out of bounds" was a terrible call, but the video available for overturning the call was awful.  I don't blame the replay officials for letting it stand.  ESPN apparently sent their camera crew D team to this game, because the only video was shot from a perspective of at least 50 yards away.

I think if the video was better, it's overturned.  It goes to show, replay is still subject to how good the coverage is, even if it doesn't happen all that often that, as it did in this case, the video is not good enough to make a call.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 12:47:16 EST »

I caught the last two minutes of that on an ESPNU replay last night.

the "forced out of bounds" was a terrible call, but the video available for overturning the call was awful.  I don't blame the replay officials for letting it stand.  ESPN apparently sent their camera crew D team to this game, because the only video was shot from a perspective of at least 50 yards away.

I think if the video was better, it's overturned.  It goes to show, replay is still subject to how good the coverage is, even if it doesn't happen all that often that, as it did in this case, the video is not good enough to make a call.

Interesting.  I saw close up replays on ESPN the next day that were very good, and thought they were what the replay official saw.  If he saw those and still let the call stand, he should never be a replay official again.  If he didn't, I have to wonder why not.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 09:59:32 EST »

Interesting.  I saw close up replays on ESPN the next day that were very good, and thought they were what the replay official saw.  If he saw those and still let the call stand, he should never be a replay official again.  If he didn't, I have to wonder why not.

oh okay.  Replay official might have had access to film not available to TV, which is something I thought of

Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 11:32:12 EST »

I saw the ending live, and the instant replays they showed right away revealed the stepout and return clearly.The commentators were certain that the call would be reversed. Aren't those videos what the replay booth sees?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 12:00:09 EST »

I saw the ending live, and the instant replays they showed right away revealed the stepout and return clearly.The commentators were certain that the call would be reversed. Aren't those videos what the replay booth sees?

Were they they ones shot from 50 yards away?  Those were not clear at all.  You could see the step out, but from that far away there could have been contact.  The video was horrible.

They may have left the close ups out of the replay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: