VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:58:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, Clemson losing and Bama losing real helps our chances of making the  (Read 911 times)
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2022, 04:14:33 EST »

Playoffs still.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 04:19:49 EST »

Yes, but I expect that UGA has to win the SEC Championship Game.

Hope springs eternal.

But we have a chance.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 04:23:54 EST »

A tip of the hat to our resident domers, TRO and his brother (miss that avatar)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 04:27:29 EST »

I suspect we would need help. I'll be satisfied with NY6 bowl. That's far ahead of schedule. Not that I don't want the playoffs... but you know how the sports media is with us. They don't need much of an excuse to write us off.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 04:27:39 EST »

Yes, but I expect that UGA has to win the SEC Championship Game.

Hope springs eternal.

But we have a chance.

Pretty sure they'll beat the snot out of LSU.

We need to be rooting against TCU, USC, and Oregon. And it would help if OSU and/or Michigan lost before their game against each other. But I think we're in pretty good shape.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 04:30:51 EST »

So how is the SECw champ determined?
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 04:34:57 EST »

Tennessee will be no worse than 5 in the new playoff rankings. 1 team ahead us will be guaranteed to lose, and if TCU is 4th they will have a 90% chance of losing at least 1 game. If we finish the season with 3 decisive victories it will likely mean a rematch vs UGA in the 1 vs 4 playoff game.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 04:38:06 EST »

Here's a scenario. The Hogs beat LSU, and then Bama beats UGA.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 04:39:45 EST »

Here's a scenario. The Hogs beat LSU, and then Bama beats UGA.
LSU has the tie-breaker on both Bama and Ole Miss. They can lose one more SEC game and still go to Atlanta.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 04:40:18 EST »

Tennessee will be no worse than 5 in the new playoff rankings. 1 team ahead us will be guaranteed to lose, and if TCU is 4th they will have a 90% chance of losing at least 1 game. If we finish the season with 3 decisive victories it will likely mean a rematch vs UGA in the 1 vs 4 playoff game.

TCU plays the Whorns in Austin next week. We need the GOOD version of tx to show up for that one. That team is schizophrenic.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 04:46:03 EST »

Hate to concede, but idk what we could do differently to have a chance in a rematch vs UGA.  Today was simply never a contest.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 04:48:17 EST »

LSU has the tie-breaker on both Bama and Ole Miss. They can lose one more SEC game and still go to Atlanta.

They have the tie breaker but they’re currently tied w/ Ole Miss. If they lose again, Ole Miss can slip in by winning out.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 04:51:54 EST »

Hate to concede, but idk what we could do differently to have a chance in a rematch vs UGA.  Today was simply never a contest.

It would be interesting to see what happens in a rematch on a neutral field, especially if Hooker hits the deep throws he usually makes, but I’m not gonna cry if we wind up in the Sugar Bowl. It’ll be a nice opportunity to hit the off-season with a ton of momentum.
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 04:55:10 EST »

In a rematch UT won’t have 8 pre snap penalties on a neutral field. Also unlikely that Hooker misses all 4 of his big throws down the field while Stetson puts 2 in tight windows for touchdowns/big gains. I’m not saying we would be favored to win, but I think the level of play would be a lot higher than today.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2022, 05:02:46 EST »

In a rematch UT won’t have 8 pre snap penalties on a neutral field. Also unlikely that Hooker misses all 4 of his big throws down the field while Stetson puts 2 in tight windows for touchdowns/big gains. I’m not saying we would be favored to win, but I think the level of play would be a lot higher than today.

True, and you would hope we would learn from today.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2022, 06:53:29 EST »

yup.  beat me to it.

I will add...we will have the film on what they did this time also, and be better prepared.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: