VTTW Board Index
May 22, 2024, 03:53:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN tricked into showing a really bad high school football game....  (Read 1372 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2021, 12:18:51 EDT »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-reacts-to-bizarre-situation-on-espn/ar-AANSrOl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 12:48:23 EDT »

That IS funny. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 12:57:40 EDT »

ESPN admits to not checking out things.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espn-admits-to-not-verifying-prospects-on-high-profile-hs-telecast-this-is-not-a-fair-fight/?fbclid=IwAR0aPWSj3lHmGd6brJX3-wMHXBZIXTb6xUY_qeNqPgzPUJMttyoInK25eRA
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 01:17:55 EDT »

LOL- that's totally on the "Worldwide Leader". Nothing but respect for that coach. He took his shot, and as it turns out, ESPN wasn't checking receipts. Now he gets a free 2 hour commercial for his program and probably a nice payday to boot.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 02:42:01 EDT »

LOL- that's totally on the "Worldwide Leader". Nothing but respect for that coach. He took his shot, and as it turns out, ESPN wasn't checking receipts. Now he gets a free 2 hour commercial for his program and probably a nice payday to boot.

Yeah.  Although I'm not sure getting b-slapped by IMG Academy is such a great "commercial".  Then again, they say any publicity is good publicity.

IGM Academy is impressive for sure.  That's where recent Olympic gold medal winner and current no. 1 lady golfer in the world Nelly Korda went, among many other top athletes. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 03:30:52 EDT »

Here's some updated info. BTW, they were slated to play a national schedule this season, facing national powerhouses in Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Maryland. But that may all go by the wayside now- because not only does it appear they fielded illegal players (one guy actually played JUCO ball last year!), but may not in fact even be a real school.

https://www.aarontorresonline.com/post/bishop-sycamore-school-address-players-roster-details

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 05:36:04 EDT »

Here's some updated info. BTW, they were slated to play a national schedule this season, facing national powerhouses in Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Maryland. But that may all go by the wayside now- because not only does it appear they fielded illegal players (one guy actually played JUCO ball last year!), but may not in fact even be a real school.

https://www.aarontorresonline.com/post/bishop-sycamore-school-address-players-roster-details

Holy shizzle. Hey ESPN....    

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 06:22:03 EDT »

Rumor is that JJ Peterson played LB for them under an assumed name.   

Film at eleven. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 06:34:15 EDT »

Rumor is that JJ Peterson played LB for them under an assumed name.   

Film at eleven. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 09:03:05 EDT »

Now their coach has been "fired" (from an apparently fake job).

https://twitter.com/BOOMbaca/status/1432740150010949634?s=20

This whole thing is going to make a hilarious documentary one day. I would say a 30/30, but I'm pretty sure ESPN wants no more of that smoke.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 11:30:43 EDT »

Word is they are trying to get Cam Newton to come play for them..
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 01:05:36 EDT »

Word is they are trying to get Cam Newton to come play for them..

Maybe they can entice him with a couple of stolen laptops. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 07:39:20 EDT »

Now their coach has been "fired" (from an apparently fake job).

https://twitter.com/BOOMbaca/status/1432740150010949634?s=20

This whole thing is going to make a hilarious documentary one day. I would say a 30/30, but I'm pretty sure ESPN wants no more of that smoke.

I'm sure Clay Travis won't fail to mention it.  Hopefully it might be a recurring theme with him.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: