VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:09:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USCe is a noon KO  (Read 1626 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2021, 07:31:22 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 07:55:52 EDT »

11am here in the flat lands.....still drinking coffee and watching UT play football..    
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 12:15:02 EDT »

This is bad for you personally, or you don't like it for the team?

Because if it's just you...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 12:36:17 EDT »

This is bad for you personally, or you don't like it for the team?

Because if it's just you...
Tired of the noon KOs while the comodedoors have had three (3) night games at home and has been DESTOYED in each one!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 01:31:35 EDT »

Let's just change our name to the Jefferson Pilot Volunteers.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 02:28:51 EDT »

I like them cause I get back home around 4:30pm or so, but that’s just me. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 03:26:43 EDT »

Noon KOs are good.  You can get the misery over with early in the day and move on to more fun things. 

The only rub is that Army plays a lot of noon games, too, especially when they are at home.  But I deal with it.  One on the big screen and one on the tablet. 

But don't ask me which is where.  Just don't.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 07:47:40 EDT »

I saw some of the highlights of the UK/USCe game. UK seemed to be able to run on them pretty good. Hope we can as well.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 08:30:46 EDT »

I saw some of the highlights of the UK/USCe game. UK seemed to be able to run on them pretty good. Hope we can as well.

Thats in two weeks. Right now I am more worried about Mizzou.  From what I have seen their entire D is putrid. It's going to be a scoring contest, just hope we score more.  I do think our D is a bit better, which is not saying much.

I am predicting a score in the 30s for both teams, with the Vols winning by less than a TD.  We will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 08:34:50 EDT »

Thats in two weeks. Right now I am more worried about Mizzou.  From what I have seen their entire D is putrid. It's going to be a scoring contest, just hope we score more.  I do think our D is a bit better, which is not saying much.

I am predicting a score in the 30s for both teams, with the Vols winning by less than a TD.  We will see.
I'll hold you to it. Why other than UGa and UF, does the SECe continue to be so weak? Some of it is coaching. The rest is recruiting I suppose.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 10:00:19 EDT »

I'll hold you to it. Why other than UGa and UF, does the SECe continue to be so weak? Some of it is coaching. The rest is recruiting I suppose.

Recruiting is by far the biggest issue, but obviously coaching matters a great deal also. Muschump had plenty of talent when he was at Florida, but he wasted it by only caring about the D IMO.

I will back that assertion up. I saw a "SEC Inside the Lines" on SC a few years ago, and they showed a practice.  Muschump spent the whole practice session working with the DBs, or at any rate the great  majority of it.  He kept telling the offensive players to do different things to give the DBs a different look, or to repeat what they just did, or to try something new, whatever. In other words, the offensive players were pretty much being told they were just there to make the defense better.  You could see it have an effect on the body language of the offensive players.  At some point they seemed to tune out and just start going through the motions.  That's just my subjective opinion, but I bet a lot of people would see the same thing if they looked for it.

This is reflected IMO in how his offenses performed.  They always underachieved.  He did a bit better at Junior than UF, but he almost always had awful offenses.

Now fast forward to just last night during the Petyon/Eli broadcast.  They had Saban as a guest in the third quarter.  During the chat, Peyton asked him if he enjoyed working with the DBs, which apparently he still does.  Saban said that he has always been a DB coach, even when he was a DC, and that yes, he really enjoys it which is why he still does it.  He said he not only enjoys mentoring the players and coaches, but that he likes having a close relationship with some of his players.  Now the interesting part.  He went on to say that he goes out of his way to reach out to the QB, the offensive coaching staff, and the offensive players in general, stays engaged with them, and ensures that they do not feel neglected or less important just because he spends time with the DBs.

Well...there you go!  Saban understands that a big part of leadership is the pat on the back and being encouraging.  Muschump?  No.  Thus one succeeds and the other fails.  If as HC you only seem to care about defense, your offense will suck.  Methinks Pruitt might have had this same issue, perhaps (but even if not, he just isn't HC material).

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 04:22:04 EDT »

When I had season tickets I hated Noon games.....Now I like them.....get our game out of the way and then enjoy other games the rest of the day and evening.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 12:25:00 EDT »

UCONN vs. Vandy is on ESPNU at 7:30 but UT vs. Missouri is at noon.

That makes no sense. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 12:51:08 EDT »

That makes no sense. 
Which was my point in an earlier post in this thread

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 01:25:37 EDT »

That's a 10am kickoff here in Sodak.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 07:47:12 EDT »

That makes no sense. 

Well...that's probably Vandy's only chance for a win the rest of the season.   

But seriously, does anyone even watch ESPNU?  I think we have the better slot TBH

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: